Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Wow, those are some tough questions (sort of)

How do you think your life would be different if you lived in Salt Lake instead of Rigby?
Well, that would be a change of scenery. Pros: I would not have to smell burning garbage 2-3 days a week, I would have a closer relationship with my extended family, and there would be a better selection of cute boys. Cons: I would not have chickens, or a big beautiful one-acre yard. I would be homesick for the wind and big open spaces and all my good friends. And quite frankly, Utah makes me claustrophobic, and Idaho is home.



What do you think is the hardest thing about being a teenager?
Personally or generally? Personally I have no problem with being a teenager, I think it rocks. Generally, besides all the crap the world is throwing at us all the time, I think the hardest thing is the struggle to fit in.



What are the benefits and detriments of being the first born?
Hmm, a toughy. The best thing is that I get left in charge frequently, and that's nice because I'm a slight control freak. The worst part is the responsibility I get handed a lot. Ok, that sounds like an oxymoron, but think hard and you'll understand (hopefully).





How do you get your hair to look so freaking amazing all the time?
If I could describe my hair with one word it would be tempermental. It is purely chance that decides if my hair looks amazing or not. However, I do not know how I survived before Aussie Cleanse & Mend shampoo, or my anti frizz serum, or straightening balm.



Can you share your testimony with us?
It would take more than a blog.



Do you know when you look in the mirror how beautiful you are?
I can best answer this with a quote from Anne of the Island

Anne: "Do you know how pretty you really are Phillipa?"
Phillipa: "Of course I do. What are looking glasses and men for?"

(Please don't think I'm conceited, because I'm not, I just really like that quote.)



Are you still practicing your violin regularly?
Yep. I'm pretty busy with school, teaching, being taught, not to mention the craziness of everyday life, so I don't have as much time as I would like. But it is a rare day when I don't pick up my violin for at least a few minutes.



Do you miss your old violin teacher?
Duh. I miss you as a teacher and also as a friend.

What makes you smile so much?
To quote my friend Buddy the elf: "Smiling's my favorite!" And well, I guess I'm just in the habit of being happy. My life is good, real good.

Thanks to everyone for your sweet questions/compliments! Thanks for playing along. Sorry to everyone who didn't get a chance to ask about my marvelous life. =) Maybe I'll do another post like this one sometime.

5 comments:

Tammy said...

Oh, oh, oh! I didn't get my questions in on time. lol. Save my questions (I posted them on the original post) and use them the next time you do a blog post like this. :)

You are great Kate! I love your blog!

Lindy-Lou said...

Me too, tammy. Darn. I must say, Kate, such poise for one so young.

Tiffany said...

Such fun! You are amazing and I hope you will offer this feature again and frequently!

Mindy said...

I loved your answers! I might have to copy this blog thingy too sometime. (I copied your random thoughts already.)

Mindy said...

Oh, and I miss you too!