Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Glory Hallelujah! I finally chose a New Year's Resolution!

It's to be more decisive! Just kidding, I just thought that would be funny because it has taken me 15 days to make up my mind about what I'm going to improve this year. Ok, are you ready for this? This year I am going to be outgoing. Yep, outgoing. I have this habit of staying nice and cozy in my safe little comfort zone. I usually try to avoid speaking or performing in front of people, I keep my head down when people ask for volunteers, and I don't usually start conversations with people that I don't already know. So this year I will push the limits, step outside my circle of safety, raise my hand, volunteer, perform, polish up my courage, make new friends, and *gulp* submit my writing to a young writer's publisher and a few magazines. And I will be scared. Terrified, in fact. But that's ok, I'll get over it. Hopefully.

3 comments:

Mindy said...

Kate, I would never think of you as a non-outgoing person. Your ideas sound great, though! Let me know how it goes with submitting your stories!

Tiffany said...

Good for you! We'll both be stepping outside of our comfort zones this year! I'll cheer you if you cheer me!

Leslie said...

Live the resolution! Ha! That's funny, I meant to write "Love the resolution!" But you should also live the resolution ;)

You have so much to offer! A little advice for when your safety zone is much more appealing than your resolution: fake it 'til you make it, baby!