Thursday, January 24, 2008

More Book Reviews

I'm sure you've guessed that I haven't been reading The Education of Little Tree for two weeks. I finished it a long time ago, but I haven't gotten around to changing it. So here are the books I've read the past few weeks.



The Education of Little Tree, by Forrest Carter
This is one of the best books I have ever read. There aren't very many books that can make cry because I'm laughing so hard, and then because it's sad, but this book did.

The Black Stallion, by Walter Farley
Okay, I know this is way below my reading level, but it's so good!
I was obsessed with these books in fourth, fifth, and sixth grade. All I wanted for my birthday was a horse, preferably an Arabian steed . . . . .
I wanted to be a race horse jockey when I grew up. Umm yeah, just a little obsessed. Anyway, reading it again was like stepping back in time and taking a look at my younger self.

The Black Stallion Returns, by the same Walter Farley
Ditto what I said above.

Son of the Black Stallion, by Walter Farley
Yes I read this one too. I should mention that we own these books, so I read all three of them in a comparatively short length of time. Like a day and a half.

The Nickle Plated Beauty, by Patricia Beatty
Yes, this is another one of my favorite books from sixth grade. I was kind of on a Lets-Go-Back-In-Time-And-Visit-Our-Self reading rampage last week.

Sarah and Me and the Lady from the Sea, by Patricia Beatty
I really enjoy all of her books, these are only a few, she's written like fifteen or twenty.

Edward's Eyes, by Patricia MacLachlan
Sad, but pretty good. I don't think I'll read it again, it wasn't a 'kindred spirit' sort of book.

Jane Austen, by Carol Shields
A biography of Jane Austen. How could I not love it?

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Hi there, Kate! I am finally going to read Pride and Prejudice! I figured if you loved it that much, it must be pretty good. I can't believe I've never read it before.....

Mindy said...

I love going back and rereading old favorites!

Anonymous said...

I absolutely agree that the Education of Little Tree is a great book. It's been so long since I read it that I should go back and re-read it. Thanks for the reminder.