First off, my musical number went very well today. I didn't play my best, but I didn't crash and burn, or pass out, or wet my pants, or start hyperventilating. A success in my book.
We are having Multi Cultural Week in honor of Civil Rights Day. Food from a different nationality every night of the week. So far its been fun, yesterday we had Spaghetti Carbonara (oh my gosh, it's to die for), tonight we had some fabulous Boston Baked Beans, cornbread, and salad. Mmmmm! Let me know if you want the recipes and I'll post them.
Seth is such a funny kid! I love him. Tonight at the dinner table he made us laugh with something that went like this:
Mom: What did you learn about in church today?
Seth: How Nephi got the plates.
Mom: Do you know why he got the plates?
Seth: Because they were important.
Mom: What was on them?
Seth: His family geology.
These past few days I've been on a reading splurge. Seriously, I think I need to cut back. I read a total of 1049 pages within 36 hours. Now that's a little overboard. 1000 no problem, but 1049 is a leetle bit too much.
I don't understand why any mother would buy their daughter Bratz dolls. I mean, hellloooo! Earth to parent. What do you think you are teaching your innocent little girl?!?
Joe Verses The Volcano is now one of my new favorite movies. ("Brain cloud! I knew it!")
Darn. Collage football is over.
My foot is going to sleep. I'm sitting on it to keep my toes warm.
Algebra is a trial.
FYI, I got a 26 on the ACT. I'm pretty happy with it, but I'll probably take it again just to raise my chances for a scholorship.
We've had some pretty amazing powder fall this week. It's been awesome.
I really love music.
If I chose a nickname for myself it would be Toni, in honor of Antonio Vivaldi.
I need to get up earlier to exersize. I died on the ski hill, I think my legs are made of spaghetti.
I'm painting a really awesome picture of Hannah sitting in front of Jenny Lake, at the base of the Tetons. So pretty. I'll post about it sometime.
Ok, I think I finally ran out of random thoughts. Bye.
3 comments:
I love random thought posts. Congratulations on your musical number, and your ACT score. I think you should definitely find some moderation in your reading. Teenagers are dying all the time from over-reading. Wait. No, I'm wrong. That's over-dosing. Go ahead and keep reading.
I also love Joe vs. the Volcano. Classic. My favorite line is: "I have no response to that." I use it all the time.
I had to play in church on sunday too. Mine went about the same as yours, I think. :) I used to read (and sometimes still do) like that. My mom used to tell me to stop reading and go outside to play.
I hate Bratz dolls too. Rest assured that I have never purchased one, and will not.
I love your random thoughts posts, too. I might have to copy that idea someday, although most of my posts are pretty random.
Random thought posts are great!
Post a Comment