Saturday, October 6, 2007

What's the date again?



Idaho children have developed an unique adaptation to the harsh weather conditions of our state. They have grown accustomed to waddling in a snowsuit and a Halloween costume, with their vision obstructed by a mask that is part of their costume, or any mask thick enough to protect their nose from becoming a booger popsicle, over icy sidewalks, in snow boots. Not to mention the several pounds of candy they usually carry. Why do I mention this amazing adaptation? Because that is the way Halloween is every year. But even more so this year. Check this out. Six inches of snow! On October 6th! The snow fell so fast and was so heavy that branches were snapping off the trees and the sheriff issued an extreme weather alert. I can't even imagine what it's going to be like by Halloween. Brr! I'm really glad that we don't go trick-or treating. I would much prefer staying home in our nice warm basement and eating pizza and doughnuts and watching a movie. Wouldn't you?
p.s. That little mound next to Hannah is her baby snowman.
p.p.s. These pictures were taken at 8:00 am this morning, and then it snowed for probably another 3 hours after that.
p.p.p.s. The Utes won their game last night! Yes!!

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Soooo glad that little mound next to Hannah isn't Christopher! ;)

Well, we were well over 90 degrees here today. Isn't there a happy medium somewhere?? I think I'm going to fire the weather men around here! What good are they anyway, if they can't bring me the autumn weather I love!??

Shua said...

1: So sorry about the snow. I hate snow
2: So sorry about the utes, it's horrible I know. I feel your pain.
3: Just wait until next week, BYU will cream Eastern Washington, I promise.

Kate said...

Silly Josh, the Utes winning is a GOOD THING!!!!!! And as for the Cougars winning next week . . . . .well, we'll see what happens.