Since it's Sunday I thought I'd post a little spiritual thought. Scripture Mastery come in handy for everything, including blogging. Here is the way to remember the Ten Commandments in order and never forget them. On #9 you have to tweak the way you pronounce it, say it NI-en or it won't rhyme.
1. One rhymes with none. Thou shalt have no other gods before me, none, zip, nadda.
2. Two rhymes with zoo. Zoos have ravens. Lightning hits the ravens and turns then into stone. Thou shalt have no gRAVEN images.
3. Three rhymes with tree. Trees have leaves, leaves have veins. Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in "vein".
4. Four rhymes with fort. Forts have holes from all the cannon balls, so they are holey. Thou shalt keep the sabbath day holy.
5. Five rhymes with hive. Hives have bees, bees make honey. Your father calls your mother honey. Thou shalt honor thy father and thy mother.
6. Six rhymes with sticks. Thou shalt not kill with sticks or any other device.
7. Seven rhymes with heaven. You can't go to heaven if you commit adultry, unless you repent.
8. Eight rhymes with gate. Gates are often made of steel. Thou shalt not steal.
9. Nine rhymes with lion. Thou shalt not be lyin'.
10. Ten rhymes with hen. Your neighbor has a hen. The hen lays big eggs. You want the eggs, you want the hen. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's hen.
Well, there you have it. I might add that my entire seminary class would laugh every time we practiced it. But we remembered every single commandment. My personal favorite commandment is #2. I think it's hilarious. So hilarious that I'll always remember it. What does/did your seminary teacher do to memorize Scripture Mastery?
2 comments:
Love it, love it, love it! Can I share this on my blog sometime? I'll have to make sure Emily reads it so she can pass it on in her seminary. Great blog!
Tammy
My seminary teacher has all 100 scripture masteries set to music. It would take way too long to describe my opinion on the matter, but I don't love it but I don't really hate it either.
Post a Comment