Sunday, October 14, 2007

My List of Really Really Good Books

Pride and Predjudice by Jane Austen
ok, I'll admit, I read the slightly abridged version of this book. I usually don't like abridged books, but Jane is just so . . . . wordy.

A Girl of the Limberlost by Gene Stratten Porter
Soooo good. It's a little slow for the first ten chapters or so, but then you can't put it down 'cause you absolutely have to find out what happens next.

Laddie "

Freckles "

Anne of Green Gables Series by L.M. Montgomery
My favorite favorite books! I think I've read the whole series three times, once in order, once backwards and once totally randomly.

A Single Shard by Linda Sue Park
I have to list some "boyish" books for my cousin Josh. Seriously, this is a really good book. You might like Laddie too, Josh. It's about a boy. Well, a man really, I guess. You'd like Freckles too.

Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
I really, really, really, really love this book! It's based on the authoress' life growing up which makes it even more special.

Eight Cousins "
Rose in Bloom "
An Old Fashioned Girl "
Under the Lilacs "
Little Men "
Jo's Boys "
anything by Louisa May Alcott that I might have forgotten

The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle by Avi
A thriller. Another one for Josh, even though it sounds girly. I promise, it's not.

I can't think of any more, but I 'll probably have another post like this because I'm always finding more good books. What are your favorites ?

3 comments:

Leslie said...

The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom (sp?)

Shua said...

Bleachers by John Grisham
Princess Bride by S. Morgenstern edited by William Goldman (actually it's really by william goldman, it's kind of a joke)
The Contender
The Outsiders by S. E. Hinton
Lots of other books by lots of other authors

Tammy said...

Daddy Long Legs by Jean Webster. If you haven't read this and would like to borrow it, I can bring it Friday. :)