Tuesday, May 11, 2010

In which I fulfill my Big Dream, or Sort Of Karma

1989:

My mother takes a humanities class at Rick's College. She has to listen to and study Vivaldi's Four Seasons. She likes it enough to buy a CD of the whole thing.

1992:

I am born. My mother still likes the Four Seasons enough to play it frequently.

2000:

After listening to the Four Seasons for 8 years, I am inspired by it enough to beg for a violin. My parents agree.

April 2010:

I register for a humanities class at the now BYU-I. We will study Vivaldi's Four Seasons.

May 11, 2010:

I buy the music and begin learning to play Vivaldi's Four Seasons.

4 comments:

Mindy said...

I'm so excited for you!! Vivaldi's Four Seasons are so much fun to play. Let me know which season you like the best. :)

Leslie said...

Cool! I love that music as well!

Jesse C said...

Excellent.

Lindy-Lou said...

I learned to love classical music from my dad. I believe in early exposure. Excellent post.