I failed a paper today.
It gets worse.
It was a Book of Mormon assignment.
What kind of person fails a Book of Mormon assignment?
Obviously, this kind of person who claims she knows nothing, who actually thinks she's pretty smart, which proves that she knows nothing.
I have never gotten less than an A on any written assignment or in any religion class of any kind.
Well, now I have.
I need to remember that red pencil on a piece of paper does not stamp Life with a giant red FAIL.
My heart still hurts.
School is my life right now, so if I don't do well in school, it feels like I fail at life.
I think it's apparent that I need to rethink my life.
And read the instructions on my Book of Mormon assignments.
The irony continues. My paper was about how I am going to be less self-righteous. My teacher must have been "compelling me to be humble".
It worked.
Ouch.
5 comments:
So sorry!
First off, really sorry about your failing-the-essay. I have a 0/40 on an assignment in my english class, so I kinda know how it feels. Kinda.
Second, I think failing a test/paper and not caring to do anything about it at least once in your life would make everyone a better person. I don't know what it is, but every term I've had this in several of my classes, and what can I say? I'm awesome now. :)
Good luck with the next paper...?
WHat??
I still believe in you! You are fabulous, no matter what any red ink says!
Could you please explain to us exactly how this happened? What instructions did you miss? What was the assignment? Inquiring minds want to know how this is remotely possible.
I know it's hard to believe, but failing every once in a while is a very good thing. It really is.
Post a Comment