Sunday, August 2, 2009

Church History Road Trip- Part 1

We left on my birthday. Pioneer Day. Isn't that fitting? {Yes, I wanted a Slinky for my birthday. I also got some poetry books (to inspire me), a chin-up bar ('cause I'm going to climb mountains), sandles (to walk miles in), and a new sleeping bag (for all my adventures).}
Stopped at the visitor's center in Independence. This was on Sunday. We met our cousins who drove all the way from Phoenix! For driving from different parts of the country, we met at the visitor's center within ten minutes of each other. That's pretty impressive, if you ask me.





Liberty Jail. Very neat experience.



Stopped for a picnic at Far West.




A cornerstone for the temple that was never built.






Adam-Ondi-Ahmen. So incredibly beautiful and peaceful.












The pictures of all the places we visited don't do them justice.








1 comment:

Lindy-Lou said...

Thanks for the photos and grateful commentary. How cute is Christopher! I hope this is just the beginning of a photo log of your trip, and especially of your perspective on what you saw, heard and felt. And it is very impressive that you met the rest of the family within minutes of both parties arrival. I hope this coming week will be lots of fun as well with all the family gatherings. Great time of year, isn't it?