Sunday, August 30, 2009

Cascade Canyon











We were trying to look tough, but we were pretty tired. It was a long, hot, steep hike.




Mmm, freeze-dried food. It was delicious, and we were starving.












We were up early the next morning. It was gorgeous.









Yes, that is snow. And yes, I am wearing short shorts and fleece. I was the perfect temperature.








We made excellent time going downhill.































Morgan's face pretty much sums up life as a 14 year old. "I hate my life. And it's your fault."


























Jenny Lake was at the end of the canyon. Isn't it beautiful?





























The deer was not afraid.




We met the rest of the family at String Lake, which is right next to Jenny Lake.
















It was hard, but totally awesome. :)









6 comments:

Tiffany said...

Best line ever: Morgan's face pretty much sums up life as a 14 year old. "I hate my life. And it's your fault."

Leslie said...

I totally agree with Tiff's comment. What a gorgeous journey. I'm very proud of you and Morgan, and Wade!

morganne said...

Hey!! Me and my friends camped out at Jenny Lake and canoed the whole thing, as well as String Lake! It was kinda scary because the rangers came by our campsite and told us that there was a moose carcass a couple campsites down from us where ravenous bears were eating... eek. No nightmares from that one. Literally. I couldn't fall asleep. :)

Lindy-Lou said...

Living your life through pictures is really fun. What a gorgeous hike. Quite an accomplishment too. I'm so happy to know that the reunion with the rest of the family happened w/o incident. I'm assuming it went smoothly. Your mom was a bit nervous about it.

Jesse C said...

Nice pictures. Looks like a lot of fun/work. That Morgan line is really funny. You should be a writer.

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are really amazing. I want to go to all of those places.
-james