Monday, August 3, 2009

Church History Road Trip- Part 2

We crossed the Mississippi for the first time on Sunday night.
These were taken out the car window as we circled several blocks looking for a bathroom and the house we were renting. This was late, after Gloria (our tour guide aka GPS) took us down the wrong road through many fields of corn and down a dirt road that went nowhere. But we forgave her, and we finally found a bathroom and the right house.




The house we rented was amazing. It was right next to the river, a few minutes away from old Nauvoo, and it had a great yard and fun swing.




The river was a one minute walk away from our house. We had tons of fun playing in the warm, shallow river. (Morgan, Sam, Noah, Seth.)






The Mississippi is HUGE. HUGE! It makes me feel awed, inspired, and insignificant. (Those are water lilies. They can't grow in more than two feet of water, so the river is very shallow for quite a ways.)



This is in the visitor's center. Pretend we're smiling. (This is on Monday.)






We had fun learning about pioneer crafts.






Making rope. More about Monday to come.








3 comments:

Tiffany said...

I am loving this.

Jesse C said...

Looks fun and informative. I love seeing other parts of the country and seeing church history sites.

tracy said...

I am soooo wishing I had gone with you! Couldn't I have just been a stowaway? Are you going to girls' camp in the morning? We are STILL up helping Blythe pack---craziness!