Here is Morgan on the summit of Mount Borah, the tallest peak in Idaho.
His teachers quorum all did it. My dad went too, because none of the leaders had ever done it before.


These pictures symbolize Seth, Morgan, and Hannah's soccer experience. (Don't you love his socks? I do.)
It was a good one.
My mother did something completely spontaneous and went to her high school reunion. It was weird; my mother very rarely does anything without planning ahead. (She's not short; she has tall friends.)
Her two best friends from high school.
We spent the week after our trip having as much fun with cousins as we possibly could.
We love Lava Hot Springs.
It's so much fun, and at a very reasonable price. We did lots of other things, but we were too busy having fun to take pictures.
I played in a chamber music camp that my teacher did. We learned an entire Bach concerto in four days. It was a concerto for two violins, so the two solo parts are fighting for the melody the whole time. It was pretty complicated to put together. Bach demands perfection. Perfect counting, perfect intonation, perfect technique. It was very difficult, but very rewarding and a ton of fun. By the way, just to brag a little, I practiced this for six and a half hours on the day of our performance. I also wore out a string. That's a personal record. :) If you want to hear the full concerto (and you should; it's amazing) go to YouTube and search for Bach Double. It's the Concerto for Two Violins in d minor.
4 comments:
What a great post! Lots of fun this summer, eh?
Oh, and it was so good to see a picture of the Three Amigos reunited!
You rock!
Ditto to the first two posts. Couldn't be more proud.
I just revisited this post to listen once more to the Bach concerto and all I can say is, thank you for the hours of practice that made such beauty possible.
Post a Comment