Monday, August 24, 2009

Church History Road Trip- Part 7

We're almost to the Valley! Oops, I mean we're almost to the end of this ridiculously long trip. On Friday, we stopped at Martin's Cove. We had did a mini trek that was only about five miles, and we only pulled a handcart for two of them.
We made the trek as realistic as possible by not packing a lunch, leaving in the heat of the day, and being wimpy.

Our journey was quite successful. No members of our company were lost, only a few tempers.


After we pulled the handcarts for a mile or so, we parked them and then hiked up to the actual cove.



Oh my. Isn't that view gorgeous? I'm being completely serious. I think this is every bit as beautiful as the lush green-ness of Illinois. But maybe that's because I'm used to sagebrush and mountains.




This is Seth and Hannah with Oscar. You may have read an article about him in the Friend.






I love rocks and mountains.













It was a long day of driving, but we didn't mind because we were ALMOST HOME!








My lovely Tetons.
(A final post about some funny things that happened on the trip is coming.)









5 comments:

Leslie said...

beautiful pics! I love how you made the trek realistic! I am truly amazed by our forefathers!

Shua said...

Ah! You know that highest mountain in the tetons? On the other side of that peak is a mountain called "Table Mountain." I definitely hiked it this summer. It was so wild, but so fun. And hard. But mostly just awesome. Have you ever hiked it?

Kate said...

Josh,
Yes, I know the Grand Teton. Yes, I know Table Mountain. But no, I have not hiked it. I'm not sure if that's a good or a bad thing. But this weekend Morgan, my dad, and I are taking an overnight backpack trip through the Tetons. I'm so excited!

Lindy-Lou said...

Once more we are indebted to you for the vicarious church history trip. Those Tetons are intimidating! And beautiful. Hope your hike is very rewarding.

Shua said...

It was a crazy hike. We passed through a river that was probably only liquid because it was flowing (another way of saying that: IT WAS FREEZING) twice. We bushwhacked (to avoid crossing the river on the way back) and slid down half the mountain on our butts through the snow. In shorts. It was legit.