Friday, February 1, 2008

'Tis the Season, a one act play

*A young teenage girl tosses and turns in bed. There is a persistant tickle in her throat and she is coughing*

Girl: *gets out of bed and goes upstairs*

Girl's mother: "What's wrong?"

Girl: "I think I might have a cough."

Girl's mother: "Well take something for it."

Girl's father: "Here." *gets down goldenseal extract, colloidal silver, echinacea capsules, and a glass of water*

Girl: "Ok."

Girl: *swallows echinacea and colloidal silver without incident*

Girl: *fills glass a quarter of the way full with water and prepares it with 15 drops goldenseal extract*

Girl: *sniffs the glass and makes a face*

Girl: *stirs in a good deal of honey*

Girl: *is about to swallow it, when she changes her mind and gets an ice cube, which she procedes to suck on for several minutes*

Girl: *holds up the glass* "Wish me luck."

Girl: *gulp. GAG! CHOKE! SPUTTER! HACK! GAG!* "ew" *HACK! HACK! COUGH!* "nasty." *SPUTTER! RINSE MOUTH! GARGLE! SPIT! GAG! POUND CHEST!* "Wow, that is intense." *HACK! HACK! SPIT!*

Girl: "I feel better now."

Girl: *goes back to bed*



*next morning, repeat scene*

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Goldenseal is NASTY. I always say, "If it doesn't kill you, it will cure you." One way or the other you will feel better.

Lindy-Lou said...

Is this based on your own recent experience, I presume?