Saturday, February 9, 2008

You know you're growing up if . . . . . .

you no longer hate the thought of naps.

you've stopped counting the sprinkles on your siblings' cupcakes to make sure they have less than you.

people don't ask you what grade you're in.

you've stopped adding "and a half" to your age.

you drool over sports cars instead of Tonka Trucks.

clowns are silly, not scary. (I don't know about you, but clowns used to scare the crap out of me.)

stickers are just stickers.

you say "I need to use the bathroom," instead of "I gotta go potty."

$50 is not a mind boggling amount of money anymore.

heck, $100 isn't mind boggling anymore.

boys/girls don't have cooties.

the thought of all the germs on the playground makes you cringe.

you spend twice as much time on how you look then you used to.




Can you think of any more signs of growing up?

4 comments:

ali said...

Hey Kate!
Thanks for commenting on my list! I thought I'd comment on yours too! I love this list! They all made me laugh. I'm STILL scared of clowns. how sad is that? Anyway-loved the list! Sorry I couldn't think of any.

morganne said...

Dude! (sorry, I basically call everyone that...) Those are so so true!! This makes me feel old, and now I miss being young and carefree. It's the sad, but honest truth, right?

Oh, here's some of mine:

-You want to "hang out" with your friends, instead of "play with them".

-You realize the ice cream truck is a really big rip off.

-You do your own hair.

-You limit the amount of candy you eat in one sitting, cuz you're "watching your weight". Yeah, whatever.

-School becomes a chore.

Shua said...

I totally agree with your list except for one: I'm with ali, clowns scare the crap out of me. Totally agree with them though. Mine is ( and this may only apply to guys, I don't know):

You can take on the world, nothing can touch you, you could rip Mr. Universe limb from limb, no bad joke could harm ou, no song with one bad word could corrupt your soul, you are untouchable and invincible.

Like I said, probably only for guys, and it's not exactly the same type of points you were making, but that's my thoughts.

Mindy said...

I hate it when $100 isn't mind boggling anymore. I remember when $20 was an unthinkable amount of money!