Saturday, February 16, 2008

My late Valentine's post, some random thoughts and information, and some clarification

The class is buzzing with quiet chatter as I walk into first hour seminary. I walk slowly up the isle to my seat. My assigned seat is on the very front row on the far right side. Nobody looks at me as I walk up. I see something sitting on my desk, and my step quickens. I stop next to my desk. There, sitting on my desk is a basket. It is filled with pink daisies and candy. A long plastic tag tied to the top sports the message " To someone special on Valentine's Day!" A note is taped next to it; I pull it off and open it. My eyes widen as I read a poem dedicated to me. Points for being a poet, whoever he is, I think to myself. Class is about to begin, so I move the basket to the floor and sit down. As I sit, I spot the white corner of an envelope hiding under a daisy. I pull it out and slide my finger under the edge of the flap. It rustles faintly as I open it and take out a plain notecard. I am about to open it and find out who my secret admirer is when..........I wake up. Darn. Sigh.


*********

My mother is Relief Society President. Yipee! I know she'll do a great job. People keep saying "Congradulations on your new calling!" I think they're really saying: "Good luck!" or "I'm glad I'm not you!"

Youth Symphony started again. I'm really happy. I heart it. I need to learn how to count.

We went skiing today. And (drum roll please) I DIDN'T CRASH A SINGLE TIME!!!!! Yay for me!

A note on my last post. I made it sound like the public school system is stupid and public school is terrible. Sorry. That is incorrect, but not in the case of ---. I know tons and tons of wonderful people and teens who went/go to public school. Homeschooling was just right for me and my family. I really hope I didin't offend anyone.

I'm super tired. I need to go to bed. And I really did have a dream like that. Really. I was so disapointed when I woke up.

If this post is full of spelling mistakes, blame it on my drooping eyelids and foggy brain. Good night.

6 comments:

Tammy said...

Please tell your mom congratulations AND I'm glad it's her and not me. :)

morganne said...

Dang, you really had me on that first part!! I thought it was going to be true, and that you'd have a stalker or lover of some sort. Consider yourself lucky. YOU don't have a stalker.

shop bastille said...

Looks like you inherited vivid, memorable dreams from your Dad. Nice one. I wish I had cool dreams.

shop bastille said...

Oh, by the way, this is Jesse, I run a couple blogs at work, and I guess I'm still logged in as "shop bastille."

Mindy said...

I'm so sorry it was just a dream! I'm sure there are scores of boys who WISH they had the nerve to do that exact same thing in real life, though!

Tell your mom... I'm glad it's her! :)

Anonymous said...

Kate, I'm very late, but i've really enjoyed reading through these most recent blog entries. You're a fun and amazing person.
Grandma C.