The roads are scary and slick
But still there are some who drive quick
It’s a danger to all
And so I may call
A policeman whose name could be Dick.
Though winter is supposed to be nice
I find that it’s all snow and ice
It’s dreary and gray
I’m longing for May
And green grass, picnics, and kites.
My toes are constantly cold
This winter’s beginning to get old
Snow angels are stupid
And so is Cupid
For a drop of sun, I’d give gold.
Hang Christmas and all its songs
It’s for summer and sunshine I long
To swim in my pool
I’d give my best jewel
The excitement of winter is gone.
For my cute swimming suit and great tan
And to cool my face with a fan
I’ve waited so long
Their mem’ry’s ‘most gone
I must wait, but I don’t think I can.
My fingers are frozen and numb
To be out in this weather is dumb
There are things I must do
With no help from you
But I stay warm with a shot of hot rum.
In winter my fingers get froze
And my spirits reach all time lows
I never would pause
To shoot Santa Clause
Even presents can’t thaw out my nose.
p.s. I really don't drink hot rum, it just rhymed. And I probably wouldn't shoot Santa.
1 comment:
PROBABLY wouldn't shoot Santa? PROBABLY!?!
Wow, this winter really is getting to you. Hang in there, Kate. I notice in the bright late afternoon sunshine yesterday that there are little buds all over the maple tree in our front yard. Spring will come. I promise.
Post a Comment