Sunday, April 11, 2010
Family
So, my family went on vacation without me. Well, mostly. My dad was lucky enough to go to Minnesota and sit in meetings for a week, but the rest of the family had to drive down to sunny Phoenix to stay with some cousins. So I got the house to myself last week. I wasn't bitter about being left behind, and I really enjoyed having the house to myself. In fact, I didn't get lonesome until Friday afternoon. I picked my dad up that evening and we went out for some gyros. They were delicious, and I realized again how much I like hanging out with my dad. Then the gang came home today. I missed them. They can drive me crazy, but I really do need them. And those gyros were great too. I miss them already.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You were missed at Grandma's Way-Station. But it had to be fun to have the house to yourself, especially with a major sort-and-discard project to accomplish. It never gets easier to go through your STUFF. Wish it did. The trick I suppose is the 'touch-it-once' approach, where you decide at the very first if it is worth saving and if so, have a place for it. But since value diminishes with time, I struggle still.
Post a Comment