Sunday, April 18, 2010

101 Things About Kate Alexis

It's a relaxing Sunday afternoon, and I don't have a lick of homework to do. So, I'll do this once again. I think it's a good record of basically who I am and what's on my mind right now. I enjoy going back and reading my previous 100 Things. Anyway......... Onward!

1. My earliest memory is playing with playdough.
2. My other earliest memory is finger painting.
3. My other earliest memory is being read to.
4. I think I have weird feet, but I like them anyway.
5. I own 4 pairs of high heels. Black, silver, pink, and red. All from the same store.
6. I find that being able to wear my mother's shoes is not the same as walking in her footsteps.
7. Did you like that last one? I thought it was kind of deep.
8. My mother read outloud to me almost every single day of my entire life. Usually for about an hour.
9. I still love being read to.
10. My hands look like my mother's. Except tougher with shorter nails and rougher red skin.
11. I think my hands are weird, but I like them anyway.
12. Once, someone told me I had really wrinkly hands for a kid. I was upset about it for a week because it's true. My hands are kind of wrinkly.
13. I am a ridiculously fast reader.
14. I am also a slightly obsessive reader. If I start a book, I hardly put it down until it's over.
15. I have read 5 complete novels during my 10 day spring break. Some I recommend, and some I don't.
16. I didn't talk to boys until I was 16. I didn't realize what I'd been missing out on.
17. My 17th year has been incredibly fun. Like seriously.
18. I can't wait to be 18. Like seriously.
19. My favorite number is 8.
20. I think that by the time I'm 20......I'll be doing something great. It seems far away, even though it isn't.
21. I don't like odd numbers.
22. I don't like sleeping on my back.
23. I'm pleased with my bedroom's paint job. I think I did a good job.
24. I don't argue with my siblings. Typically.
25. I stayed awake for three whole devotionals last semester. Devo is like a heavy dose of Benadryl. (Devo=slang for devotional.)
26. Whistling is a skill I never acquired.
27. Smiling is a regular habit of mine. Maybe that's why I can't whistle...
28. Sometimes I'm probably optimistic to the annoying point. I don't know, but I'd rather be more optimistic than less.
29. I wish I could read peoples' minds.
30. I deliberated about where to place the apostrophe in the last one.
31. I don't know if I put it in the right place. I hope I did.
32. I tell Morgan to pull his pants up when I can see his underwear.
33. If Morgan doesn't pull his pants up, I give him a wedgie.
34. I like to think I'm tough, but I'm pretty wimpy.
35. Picky eaters puzzle me. I don't understand them. Just eat the dang food....
36. I have a love affair with the Grand Tetons. They inspire me.
37. Habits rule my life. I do the same things in the same order everytime.
38. I like to sleep in an almost completely dark room.
39. My neck is stiff today.
40. I have never been up at 2:00 am.
41. I was awake at 1:25 am last night finishing my book, but I fell asleep before 2.
42. If I'm really exhausted and go to bed without brushing my teeth, I won't get up to brush them.
43. But I will stay awake for 20 minutes thinking about how I should get up and brush my teeth. Go figure.
44. Drinking carrot juice makes me feel healthy.
45. I remember riding my tricycle around the circular sidewalk of our condo in Murrey.
46. I also remember the swimming pool, retiling the kitchen, and the day we moved to Idaho.
47. Funny, moving to Idaho seemed like a terrible thing to me at the time. What did I know?
48. I'm good at memorizing.
49. I can remember people and names.
50. I just smelled my forearm. It smells like lemon and sunshine.
51. I've studied Preach My Gospel.
52. Part of me wants to be a music major, but part of me says that is a crazy idea. Which it is.
53. I should read my scriptures more consistantly.
54. Except for youth talks, I haven't born my testimony in sacrament meeting since we moved to this house.
55. I'm still working on being brave.
56. The year we moved was the worst year of my whole life. I was 12, which explains a lot.
57. Animals are foreign to me. I tolerate cats and fish.
58. Is being an anti-animal/dog person a character flaw?
59. I've met a lot of really strange homeschoolers.
60. I've also met a lot of very normal homeschoolers. We almost outnumber the weird ones.
61. I sit on second rows.
62. My face sunburns. My arms tan. My legs stay white as sour cream. I get this from my father.
63. I got a lot better at skiing this year.
64. I got better at a lot of things this year.
65. I still don't know anything.
66. I'm a reasonably good cook.
67. Baby carrots are my favorite snack. I'm eating some right now.
68. Running makes me feel good.
69. I used to want to be a chef when I grew up. Now I want to be a writer. I think.
70. I'm a morning person.
71. Mexican food is my favorite.
72. I frequently wonder if I'll serve a mission.
73. I wonder who my future husband is and what he's doing.
74. I've had the same journal since I was 8. It's 3/4 full.
75. Morgan fixes my stuff, and I give him advice on girls. It works.
76. I've never been to a church service of another faith.
77. I'd like to live with the Amish for a week. Just to see.
78. I can memorize things, but I'm terribly absent-minded.
79. And silly.
80. I like feeling sore after doing something hard.
81. I never use bookmarks.
82. I have a tendancy to forget unpleasent things.
83. I need to let go of some of my perfectionism.
84. I've never ridden on a 4-wheeler.
85. Vivaldi's Four Seasons was the reason I started playing the violin.
86. I don't have a favorite scripture.
87. I take that back. I like Isaiah 53 something. I could look it up. It's a Scripture Mastery.
88. When we lived in IF, I liked to walk down the street and visit my favorite little old lady named Sister Cook. We would just sit and talk.
89. I love to make people laugh.
90. Am I a grown up?
91. I should be more humble. I'm kind of self-absorbed.
92. I tend to like people in general.
93. I'm taller than my mother. And my grandmothers. And most of my aunts.
94. I hate deciding, but once I decide, I do things with conviction.
95. I cry over books, but never over movies.
96. I don't listen to Taylor Swift or Miley Cyrus. I think they sing silly songs.
97. I like the alliteration of "sing silly songs".
98. My favorite scripture story is when Ammon chops off arms. It's been my favorite since Primary.
99. I'm a fast walker.
100. I can be assertive when called for.
101. I want to fly.

7 comments:

Mindy said...

Okay, #30? I KNOW! Ugh... I'm usually pretty good at grammar (I don't always use what I know) but that plural apostrophe thing gets me every time. I need to just learn it, and learn it well, once and for all. ;)

#40, really??? I've been up at 2:00 am more times than I care to count... and it hasn't always been for fun reasons. It has been to finish a book too many times though...

#95, I cry over books AND movies... I'm a cryer. I just finished a book the other day and sat there for a good 10 minutes sobbing. It was just too heartbreaking. I don't know if it's one I should recommend or not, but if you're interested it's called Me & Emma by Elizabeth Flock.

#99 Me too... to the point I get teased about it. Maybe that's why I love running so much... nobody teases you for running too fast. ;) Which reminds me... #68? Yes. :)

morganne said...

My hands are wrinkly too.

I never noticed until I watched Zoolander.

It's ok, I never wanted to be a hand model anyway.

Tiffany said...

I love you and your wrinkly hands and the other 100 things about you!

Lindy-Lou said...

I love you too. Or, I also love you. Or, I, like Tiffany, love you. And I think I'm to blame for your hands. But then, I didn't ask for mine either. Then again, I have always been thankful for my hands.

Leslie said...

You are a wonderful person! I hope my Brianna grows up to be as amazing and talented and capable, and fun, and faithful as you!

I cry in movies and books, but rarely in real life -- even when it's appropriate.

Annalee Kelly said...

Two words: Cafe Rio. Can't you fit that in somewhere on your bucket list, dear Kate? Okay. That's it. I'm taking you there. After I'm done hurting over how much I paid in taxes this year. But soon.

Tammy said...

Kate you crack me up...I love your sense of humor. :) :) :)