Monday, March 29, 2010

25 Things to be Grateful For On a Blah March Day

1. My family.

2. Kleenex.

3. Nice professors.

4. My car.

5. My best friend is coming home soon from paging in Boise for 6 weeks.

6. Adorable "Nephite" sandals from Ross. ($13!)

7. Brahms Requiem. I'm still glowing from the magnificence of performing it.

8. My violin teacher told me I've improved this semester.

9. I can play Bach or Vivaldi for an hour and cope with anything.

10. I could be paying $3 a gallon for gas.

11. Even though I got a few B's on tests, I'll probably still have an A in my math class.

12. I visited my grandparents on Sunday.

13. My musical number in church went well.

14. I woke up on time today.

15. Running water.

16. The snow is mostly gone.

17. The semester is almost over.

18. I'm good at sleeping.

19. Peanut butter.

20. I wore my Nephite shoes today, and my toes didn't freeze.

21. Morgan is still my best friend even when he's mean and I'm grumpy.

22. "Standing For Something" by Pres. Hinckley.

23. My hands.

24. I'm healthy.

25. I found a dollar in my pocket today.

3 comments:

Lindy-Lou said...

Hi Kate,
I've been absent for a couple of weeks from blogland, but have caught up this morning and loved these recent posts. Love your insights and observations and thoughts on everything and anything. I love George Washington as well and had the privilege of visiting his beloved Mt. Vernon on Sunday, thanks to your wonderful PA relatives. Hope you can have that privilege someday as well.

Alicia said...

I love the list. Man, more ideas for me to steal! :D Thanks for posting. :)

Leslie said...

You're so incredibly awesome! I hate blah days, no matter the month or the season! Way to make it brighter!