1. Not having a job is......great. It stinks to not get paid, but I'm not stressed out all the time. And I sleep better.
2. I could use a couple of violin students, if anyone is interested. Pass the word along.
3. The Bach a minor is a piece for a lifetime. I've been playing one movement for three months and barely scratched the surface.
4. Note to self: Make sure to check for any registration blocks BEFORE the night of registration.
5. I have to play in Sacrament Meeting next week. =/
6. Having my violin in the repair shop is a little like having a child in the hospital. (Sorry for repeating myself, facebook friends.)
7. Playing a rental instrument is sort of like suddenly having a stranger living in your home. It really is like trying to get to know a person. The rental I'm playing is a German, born in 1929. She has a bit of a throaty voice and some personality. She's tough, which is probably a result of living through the Great Depression and WW2. I think we'll get along, even though we're not kindred spirits. (Musicians are weird ok?)
8. Music is kind of absorbing my thoughts lately, if you haven't noticed. My symphony concert is next week too, FYI.
9. Life is good. It really is.
10. I love German pancakes, sunshine, hair color, and poetry. And good parking spots. And my car. And life.
3 comments:
I love German pancakes, you, and what you wrote about your rental violin.
Ditto. Great post. As always.
Can I come to your concert? How do I get tickets?
Post a Comment