Friday, March 12, 2010

Weekly Observations

1. Today was my last day at work. Yes, I quit. For reals. Completely.

2. I look forward to getting more sleep.

3. I will miss paychecks. A lot.

4. Feel free to contribute to the New Violin For Kate Fund. It's a very worthy cause.

5. Don't read "Wives and Daughters" by Elizabeth Gaskell. I waded through 650 pages of nothing to find that the author died before she wrote the ending. I feel ripped off.

6. I have trouble with syncopated rhythms.

7. Is it spring? I'd like to think so, but maybe it's just wishful thinking.

8. Holy cow. The semester is almost over.

9. I enjoy hanging out with Morgan.

10. Sometimes I think that I'm a really smart, responsible person, but a week like this reminds how dumb I really can be.

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

Congratulations on quitting your job! I love your weekly reviews.

tracy said...

Does the New Violin For Kate Fund take Paypal? Checks? Plain Cash?

I'm in for $5. I know its not a lot, but if everyone who loved you paid $5-$25, it would start adding up. Let me know how the fund wishes to receive funding.

I enjoy Morgan as well...he is one of my favorite boys. I hope he knows that...I have been kind of demanding of him lately!

What are you going to do for money now?

Kate said...

I was really just kidding about the fund, although I do need an upgrade.

As for money, well....I don't know. This is the first time since I was 15 that I haven't had a steady income large enough to cover my expenses and put some in the bank. I have to get used to that idea. I'm hoping to get a couple violin students.

Annalee Kelly said...

Kate, silly Kate, YOU ARE NOT DUMB! And also, did you know that e-bay has some pretty darn good little violins on there...$100-ish will get you the same quality of your old one; $200 range has some dang decent ones. Hang in there! You're doing great!