Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Update

Today was my first day of college. I survived. Barely, but I did.

I'm in the symphony. Squeaked in, but I'm in.

I didn't get lost. I used my map every three minutes, but I got where I needed to go.

I didn't get a parking ticket even though parked where I wasn't supposed to. (I swear there was not a parking spot from here to Canada!)

I didn't starve even though I didn't pack lunch.

I wasn't late to class even though I had to hike from one stinkin' side of campus to the other. (About the distance of the moon and back. I had to do this about 17 times today. Good exercise, right?)

Mostly, it was fun. One day down, ten weeks to go.

7 comments:

Mindy said...

How exciting! I'm glad you survived. :) And you just can't be old enough for college... how did that ever happen??

Carma said...

Congrats on making it through your first day successfully...and on making it in to the symphony. That's great. Have a great and fun semester!

Tiffany said...

Oh, Kate! I really am in denial that you're at this stage already. Even though I know you are. I am beaming with pride, you are so exceptional. Your parents are probably lighting the whole town with their beaming.

Congratulations on making through that first day!

Annalee Kelly said...

Kate, who is your private teacher? And you're in which Symphony? (Not the college orchestra w/ Dr. Call? The one with Dr. Tueller?)

You will think you are in the Celestial Kingdom when you play/rehearse in the Barrus Concert Hall. It is one of the most acoustically prestigious concert halls in the West.

Good luck with the rest of your week! You're gonna love it, girl.

Lindy-Lou said...

So proud of you, Kate. And so excited for you. Congratulations on the symphony! I had no doubts.

Kate said...

Tiffany-
I'm in denial too. And I'm the one doing homework. Yes, my parents are pretty excited. My mother sees it as proof that she didn't ruin my entire life by homeschooling me.

tracy said...

Woohoo!!! Way to go! You will soon learn to plan your schedule according to campus distances. All morning classes on one side, all afternoon on the other, or all one day on lower and another day on upper. Or just think how many calories you are burning with all that walking and carrying of books, instruments, etc!

I am so proud of you and of course, you know, I adore you. Please, please, please keep us updated on your college adventures!