Friday, January 8, 2010

Observations from Week One

Whew. It's Friday. Glory hallelujah. I'm alive.

1. I am capable of more than I thought.

2. It's worth it to get up early and grab a parking spot that resides in this galaxy.

3. Go to bed on time.

4. Hat-hair is the price for ears that are attached to my head. And it's totally worth it.

5. Either I will have ice inside my nostrils from breathing through my nose, or my teeth will be painfully cold from breathing through my mouth. There is no way around this.

6. My left pinky goes numb first, followed by the tip of my right pointer finger. Followed by everything else.

7. Everyone at BYU-I really does want to get married. To the point that it's frightening. I think I'll make a tee-shirt that says, "I'm not 18. Back off." Just in case.

8. Teachers go along with the Marriage Code. (It's like the Honor Code, except shorter: Get married.) That's why they take such pains to make sure "everyone gets to know each other".

9. Saying that I want to be a sportswriter draws attention.

10. I have a lot to learn.

4 comments:

Jesse C said...

Good times Kate. I must say, I'm pretty jealous. College is so fun.

3. Um, the only thing I learned about that as a freshman was that I was a "light weight" if I went to bed before 2 am.

Lindy-Lou said...

The tee shirt is a great idea. I'll pay to get the screen printing done. Just let me know.

tracy said...

I am laughing so hard I might pee! #7 and #8 are hilarious.

You need several pieces with your slogan...shirts, coats, backpacks, etc.

Boys stay away from my Kate!

Leslie said...

I have solutions for numbers 4, 5, 7 & 8:
*Stop showering before school. Actually, stop showering all together.
*Stop brushing your teeth, too. And, just to be extra sure, smash a little Three Musketeers candybar on your front teeth just before a "getting to know you" session -- it totally makes it look like your teeth are rotting (and, if you do it often enough, they probably will be.)
*Layer your clothes. I mean REALLY layer your clothes -- until you look at least 150 lbs heavier. And odd combinations will also keep people at a distance; like maybe wear your long underwear on the outside of your jeans, and leg warmers on your arms. A real-live rob-the-bank ski mask will help with warmth and putting people (a.k.a. marriage-hungry boys) at a distance.
*Be sure to snort when you laugh, and laugh at all the wrong times.

Nevermind, it will never work! You so beautiful, smart, fun, and awesome, that even these measures aren't going to discourage the marriage-hungry.
Good luck!