Wednesday, November 28, 2007

"I feel pretty, oh so pretty!"

This is our Young Women's Evening of Excellence. So much fun! Everyone wore formals or semi formals and looked absolutely gorgeous! I borrowed my dress from my cousin Nicole.
Here's me and my friend Rachel, looking super cool. :)
I love the way this dress laces in the back; very different and pretty. And I can get it to fit just right.
Cool, huh?
I think I used about a million and a half bobby pins to do my hair like this. And probably a whole bottle of hairspray. The gym was decorated with white Christmas lights and hanging paper stars. It was really cool. The YW sang two songs, and we had one speaker from the ward. Oh, and some absolutely fabulous food; fresh fruit and tiny chicken salad sandwiches. Yum. I couldn't eat very much though, or else I would have burst a seam. Mom laced me so tight I had to loosen it twice because I couldn't breathe. Besides that, it was a wonderful evening.

p.s. Guess what the quote in the title is from.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are pretty, oh so pretty! What a fun night, a beautiful dress, and a knock-out beautiful girl inside (and out).

And the quote is from West Side Story. Mmmmm.

Leslie said...

Holy Cow! Be careful, or Grandfather will threaten to beat you with the "Ugly Stick" -- which is intended to make you less appealing to the young men! You are truly beautiful! Look out world!!

I think the quote is from Miss Congeniality.

Tammy said...

You do look so pretty, Kate!

West Side Story. :)

Mindy said...

Kate! you look beautiful! It sounds like a fun evening. I wish I could've seen you all.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Thats Nicole's!?! Love the hair!!

Anonymous said...

Did you guys plan the matching outfits?