Thursday was our violin Christmas concert. It was Hannah's first recital. She looked so cute up there with all the other little kids playing the Twinkle Twinkle Little Star Variations (its a Suzuki thing). We played at the Nativity Display that our old stake does every year. It is a really neat thing and they do a really good job on it. There weren't nearly as many kids playing this year since my teacher moved and her students found other teachers. (I miss you Melinda! Good thing you have a blog.) So it was just my students, and the students of the teacher that I do group lessons with, and the students of her daughter Trista (a sophomore like me.) Not a huge group to say the least, but it was ok. The scary part was when everyone had played all the Christmas songs twice and we still had 15 minutes left to fill. So that meant that Trista and I and two other girls had to play the songs that the advanced group usually played (Trista's mom, Julie, played the piano to accompany). Which would have been fine if we had practiced together. It was a little sticky. Especially because I was the only second violin part, and I wasn't used to playing it by myself. But it turned out ok, and nobody ran us off the stage screaming to drown out our noise. Over all, Hannah had fun, people clapped, and it was a pretty amazing concert. (I just noticed that I've used parentheses five times in this post. Wow, I must have a lot of confused thoughts.)
p.s. Merry Christmas!
p.p.s. I wish I had pictures to post of this, but our camera is having problems with an attention disorder. It just doesn't seem to be able to focus.
5 comments:
Yay! You guys did it!!! I'm sure it was wonderful, and I'm proud of you and Trista and Julie for pulling it off. I wish I could've been there. I miss you!
Sounds super scary to me, but I guess that's because I can't carry a tune in a bucket. I admire your musical talents! :)
Kate, that sounds like a very fun night.
Sorry to hear about your camera. Since it can't swallow medication, you may have to resort to eletro-shock therapy.
Hey I didn't know that you teach kids! How cute!
WoW! How embarassing do parents get?
Post a Comment