While reading a book yesterday, I came across the phrase "tone of mind". I did a double take on it 'cause I hadn't ever heard that before and it sounded a little strange. But I realized that just like we have a tone of voice we have a tone of mind too. Right now my tone of mind is contemplative, and scholarly. Yesterday it was whiny and complainy, because I didn't feel good. It's amazing how just being aware of it has made me be on my guard against the wrong tone of mind. So what's your tone of mind today?
p.s. I know that "complainy" isn't really a word, but it's my blog and I can use whatever fake words I feel like. (Hmm, maybe I should have added defensive and argumentative to my tone of mind.)
6 comments:
I love reading your blog, Kate!
Great question. My tone of mind today would have to be irritable, discouraged, and over-whelmed. Hmmm, I bet you're wishing you hadn't asked. Sorry, I'll feel cheerful and empowered in about four days. ;)
Tone of mind: hopeful, invigorated, excited. (We just cleaned up after a successful chocolate party.) I love the phrase. (And I love you.)
I like the idea of tone of mind. Sort of like, what's the tone of voice inside your head. Mostly in my head I talk to myself. So this is really about what tone of voice do I use when I'm talking to myself.
Cool.
Ding!Ding!Ding! My uncle John just nailed exactly what I was trying to say!
My tone of mind is scattered, excited, nervous, and just plain flighty. I can't focus on anything!
Post a Comment