Utah just lost to B**. I didn't really know how deep my feelings ran until now. My interest in football is relatively recent. It started as loyalty to my dad. You see, he's a Utah fan, and my brother Morgan is a B** fan, Seth has remained neutral (cheering for the BYUTES), and Hannah and Mom don't really care. So that left Dad with no one to cheer with him and go to games and smack Morgan around when he gets a little too insulting. So I started watching football and cheering at all the right times ever though I really didn't know what on earth was happening. But today I watched the last quarter on Gametracker and was surprised by how much I actually understood. So for 15 minutes I sat in my basement yelling at my computer and crossing my fingers. It didn't work. I am in a very bad mood. My fierce loyalty almost surprises me. This loss has cut me deep. Very deep. It hurts, oh it hurts bad. I almost didn't post this, because I have a feeling that my cousin Josh won't be able to resist rubbing it in. But go ahead Josh, I can take it. Because it doesn't matter what you say, I will always be a Utah fan. GO UTES!!
P.S. Seth has since decided to cheer for Utah.
3 comments:
It's crazy isn't it how much a sports contest can make us feel so great or so bad? I sometimes wish it wasn't like this.
Don't worry, Kate. We know what it's like to be in your shoes. We'll try to be gracious winners.
On another note, how cool is it that my 15-year-old niece knows how to use GameTracker to follow her favorite team! That's awesome.
Kate I'm disapponted that you don't have blue running through your veins. It was a great game and exciting up to the last second. That last play could have gone either way. But personally I'm glad it went the way it did. You are a fun blogger, keep it up.
Ok! This is going to be long and no one if probably ever going to read this but I'm going to post it anyway. So with 50 seconds left in the game the lady who I was going to go babysit for came and so I went up to their house and they had the game on so I was quietly watching from the stairs. I am sure that the commenter in the last play said that he caught the ball, I wanted to pass out. I couldn't believe it and then they started screaming and saying yes we won. Then my head felt a lot better. Just so you know you should honor the team by calling the BYU!
Post a Comment