My Highlights of This Holiday Season
- Thanksgiving. It was so much fun to go to Utah for a week and just hang out with my awesome Crowley family. I also consumed a ridiculous amount of pie.
- Christmas shopping with my best friend. She is so much fun to shop with; we never stop laughing. I can sum her up in one conversation we had on this shopping trip. She said, "Cinderella is my role model." Then I asked, "What about Barbie?" "Oh, she's just my backup in case Cinderella doesn't come through."
- Amy Grant's Christmas album
- Carpenter's Christmas album. As a side note, I can perfectly lip sync this entire c.d. Probably because we have listened to it from Halloween to New Year's for as long as I can remember.
- Baking Christmas goodies and taking them to our neighbors. And sneaking irresponsible amounts of said goodies.
- Our Young Women's Christmas Program on Sunday. It was so cool, mostly musical numbers and Christmas stories.
- Christopher's fascination with our Christmas Russian nesting dolls. He laughed and giggled when he saw them the 1st time, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 10034th . . . . . . .
- Playing Christmas carols by ear at group violin lesson.
- The foot of fluffy, wonderful snow that fell over Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
- Playing in the moonlight on Christmas Eve in said wonderful snow.
- Getting everyone except Christopher (who was tucked into bed already), to come out and play in the fabulous snow, on Christmas Eve, in the moonlight.
- Learning a duet of Away in a Manger with Seth on the piano.
- Spending the earlier part of Christmas Eve with my Seeley cousins, grandparents, and great uncles.
- Writing the Nativity skit for Christmas Eve. If you would like to use this, let me know and I'll post it. It's pretty amazing.
- Performing the skit with my cousins.
- The Crowley Christmas Gift Exchange/Party of the Year. I seriously have the coolest extended family you could find. And everyone contributes to the best taco salad bar I have all year.
- Eating bacon and eggs for Christmas breakfast.
- CHRISTMAS MORNING!!!!!!!!
- Having the best job in the world, so I could buy my whole family nice gifts for Christmas.
- Getting the brown leather boots of my dreams.
- Going up to my Seeley grandparent's for tacos on Christmas.
4 comments:
1. Pie... hmm
2. Barbie is my role model... I've said it b4
3. Christmas music is amazing... Amy Grant, not so much
4. See above
5. yes... Christmas goodies are way good, and too tempting to be legal
6. We don't do a YW Christmas Program :(
7. Christopher has fascination w/ almost anything... and yes HAHAHA!
8. after this i'm done w/ comments... make up your own!
I am going to compare Amy Grant's Christmas singing to other things.
Is Amy Grant a great Christmas singer?
Is pie tasty?
Was BYU's bowl win incredible?
Is Christopher hilarious?
Is the Crowley Family amazing?
Is everyone's calorie intake ridiculously high during Christmas no matter who you are?
It looks like Akira and I have differing opinions.
Sounds like you had a good Christmas.
I love the Carpenter's Christmas album too! It sounds like you had a great Christmas! Post a picture of your wonderful boots!
The Carpenter's Christmas cd is one of our absolute favorites, too. We also like Kenny Chesney's Christmas cd....
Post a Comment