Thursday, December 6, 2007

Math of Everyday Life

So, in algebra you can convert an equation to a different form to suit your purposes without changing the meaning or the value, while making it easier to understand. So here is my life converted to a few simple arithmetic problems.

skis - snow = depressing
violin students + first week of the month = money
ACT + it's the day after tomorrow = bad dreams = AAHHH!!!
reading my favorite books > therepy
books > boys
mornings - seminary = lame
Old Testament = confusing
driver's licence + mini van = ok
driver's licence> - driver's licence
mini van > no vehicle
music + Christmas = the best music ever
Math< English
two months + fast growing hair = need haircut TODAY!
food = yum
a chef named Kate + cornbread recipe = the best cornbread you ever had
curly hair - straightener = frustration

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reading this post over again, I noticed that if you didn't know better you would think I have a really depressing life. Far from it, I have a great life. To quote my favorite movie, Nacho Libre, "My life is good. Real good."

Anonymous said...

Applying the Associative Property yields some fascinating insights into your life Kate.

For instance:

The day after tomorrow - bad dreams = ACT

Lame + seminary = morning

Christmas - the best music ever = music

Violin students - money = a negative first week of the month

Just thought I'd be helpful :-)

Tammy said...

Kate + blogging = too funny!

Love it Kate!

Mindy said...

I so agree that books> boys. Although some books can break your heart...

morganne said...

So...you most likely(well, it's pretty much guaranteed) don't know who I am, but I'm a friend of Josh's(your cousin?), and I read your blog on Utah losing to B**, and I totally totally agree with you. I'm an avid Ute, and it really does suck to see our team lose. But it's ok, cuz they are going to cream at the Poinsettia Bowl!!

p.s.(and if B** loses their bowl game(which they will),when Utah wins theirs,we can brag to Josh! Whoo hoo!)

Kate said...

Yup I'm Josh's cousin. It's great to know that there's another Ute fan out there to keep Josh in his place. :) Thanks for commenting!

Anonymous said...

That was awesome! That was nearly as confusing as math class!

Anonymous said...

I love Nacho Libre: Summon your eagles powers! What does it look like I'm doing?

Kate said...

Ok, I know that Cutie Crowley is one of my relatives. I also know that she is a girl (for obvious reasons). That narrows it down quite a bit. I don't think Casey or Whitney like Nacho Libre, and I don't think Sydney knows I have a blog, so I guess Elizabeth. Am I right?

Anonymous said...

You guessed correctly! FYI all the amazing people who always guess the right things about bowl games think BYU and Utah are going to kill in their bowl games. Even though I don't know you very well Morganne, I have a feeling we wouldn't get along very well!

morganne said...

To a certain Elizabeth (aka "Cutie Crowley"): How are you related to Josh? His sister? Cuz I GET ALONG WITH EVERYONE!! :) Including you.

Anonymous said...

morganne, I'm sorry I didn't mean it like that. Josh got really mad when he read that! I'm not joking this time! I'm sorry!

morganne said...

Hey, it's cool. Let's be friends. Best friends forever and ever, K?