Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Chocolate Lovers Rejoice!

Among my other talents, I am also a (mostly) fabulous chef. This is my own creation, inspired by a recipe in Backpacker magazine.

I Haven't Thought Of A Really Fabulous Sounding Name For This Magnificent Hot Cocoa Yet
1 1/2 cups milk
1/3 cup brown sugar
4 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
In a small saucepan whisk together the milk and brown sugar over low heat until dissolved. Add cocoa and whisk 'til smooth. (I really like the word " 'til " ) Add remaining ingredients (you can leave out the cinnamon, but I personally really like it in) and continue stirring 'til heated to desired temperature. Serve in your favorite Christmassy mugs and sip slowly to savor the amazing flavor.
p.s. This has a very savory dark chocolate taste. If you are more of a milk chocolatey sort of person just decrease the cocoa.
p.p.s. I'm considering trying an orange variation, or maybe mint, but haven't gotten there yet.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! Congrats! I am quite proud of you! (I'm more of a milk chocolate fan).

Tammy said...

YUM! I'm making this to go with our breakfast in the morning! Sounds delish!

Mindy said...

Sounds yummy!

Shua said...

As the worlds biggest hot chocolate fan, and one of the top ten consumers of hot-chocolate in this nation I like to call America, I will have to tell you what I think.

Anonymous said...

YUM