Sunday, August 22, 2010

A Lame Attempt

What do I do with not much to blog about? Random Thought Post of course!

I need to join a student ward. Badly. I also need to move out.

My job, making phone calls for several hours a day, has done little to break me of my phone phobia.

School......I miiiiiissss yooouuuu.

I miss the homework. Is that weird? Yes.

I'm going to audition for the IF Symphony on Wednesday. Wish me luck.

There's a reason I play in the 2nd violin section. High notes are not my strength. Too bad the Brahms excerpt I have to play is ridiculously high. Oh well. Fake it til you make it, baby.

Paper Towns, by John Green is one of my new favorite books. I actually bought a copy because I couldn't live without it. I need to write a post about it on my book blog.

My poor book blog. It's been neglected too. I need some book suggestions.

I also need you people to comment. You may not realize it, but comments on my blog are a pillar of my self esteem. When you comment, it's like ejecting liquid validation into my veins.

I'm going to do a joke post. Email me your favorite jokes at i_eat_potatoes@hotmail.com and maybe I'll make a movie of Christopher telling them.

Morgan is brilliant. Just so you know.

I love to run. Love. To. Run. So freaking much. I think I'll be able to run a marathon in a year. Is that cool or what?

I have a nice boss.

I have such amazing cousins. My cousin Sam just went to the MTC and my other cousin Alex will be leaving the MTC very soon. They are such good examples of just plain awesomeness and have such strong testimonies. They'll be incredible missionaries.

My rock climbing has improved this summer. I was doing a relatively hard climb and fell last time we went. I was top-roped, so I just hung there, but I was still kind of freaked for a minute. It's so fun though. I love getting stronger. And getting banged and bruised makes me feel tough and legit. Even though I'm kind of a pansy.

Life is good.

6 comments:

Leslie said...

Awesome. I love random posts.

I sorta want to learn to rock climb. I at least want to try it and see if I can hack it.

Good luck on your audition.

I'm going to try Paper Towns, thanks for the suggestion.

I just listened to Incarceron, it was a good book. I enjoyed it. I'm also eagerly anticipating Mockingjay which I preordered, and which will be here this week. I better get everything else done before it arrives, because I'll be worthless for two days while I intensely consume it's contents.

Mindy said...

Yes, I'm sure you'll be able to do a marathon! I like 1st violin best because it's melody. :) (Sometimes the nose bleed notes are a little scary... it's true.) You're amazing and I love you!

Tiffany said...

1. Love the new blog format.

2. Love your random posts.

3. I wish I loved running.

4. I think I need to read Paper Towns now, too.

5. I think it's adorable that you miss homework.

6. I will try to think of a joke.

Tiffany said...

7. I will also be a better at leaving comments. I get it.

Lindy-Lou said...

All you ever get from me is how great you are and how I love everything you write. But it's true and it goes for this post as well. Good luck with your audition. I find it funny that high notes are difficult on an instrument, but I've always recognized how like the human voice the violin is, so I guess it makes sense. Thanks for posting. I check every day. Nearly. ;)

tracy said...

Hello Miss Kate,

A marathon???? Go girl...you go girl! Tell me more about this book you are loving - I am always up for a good book! What piece are you playing for your audition?