Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Why I Run

  • I feel like I have some small advantage over everyone who's still in bed.
  • I like the rhythm of my feet hitting the ground.
  • I like hearing the birds wake up.
  • I like traveling on my own power.
  • I like feeling my legs start to move on their own.
  • I like being aware of my heart and lungs.
  • I like pushing myself a little faster and a little farther everyday.
  • I like sprinting at the end and feeling on top of the world.
  • I like when my skin is cold and my body is warm.
  • I like seeing horses and cows up close.
  • I like sucking in as much fresh air as possible.
  • I like seeing little places in my neighborhood that I haven't noticed before.
  • I like waving at other people running.
  • I like roadside flowers.
  • I like running past roadkill that reminds me to watch for cars.
  • I like seeing cars pass and knowing what they are missing.
  • I like running by wheat fields.
  • I like hearing my friend breathing next to me.
  • I like feeling like I've done something productive before breakfast.
  • I like stretching.
  • I like feeling sore.
  • I like cold showers after.
  • I like feeling strong and healthy.
  • I like sleeping soundly at night.
  • I like my glowing skin when I when I finish.
  • I like doing something that doesn't require skill.
  • I like feeling my whole body work together in rhythm.
  • I like thinking.
  • I like having energy all day.
  • I like being suspended in the air for split seconds. Add them all together, and I've flown.

1 comment:

Lindy-Lou said...

Thou almost persuadeth me to run.