Friday, August 6, 2010

Epic Boise Road Trip!

Last weekend, I went to Boise with my best friend Akira.
We took turns driving my car. The drive to Boise is incredibly boring, so we took pictures of ourselves instead. Also, we're kind of vain like that.

Once we got to Boise, we played in the river with some of Akira's friends she met while paging for the senate.




The next day (Saturday), we walked all over downtown Boise. This is a way cute apartment house that we found, and it's apparently the only thing worth taking a picture of.



We finally found the art museum we'd been looking for. It was in the middle of a cool park. Abraham Lincoln was there too. I held hands with a president of the United States!


.......No comment.


Nice to meet you, Mr. President. I don't want to be rude, but did you know someone put gum up your nose?



We also found some neat sculptures. They looked like picture frames to us, so that's what we used them for. (Those are Akira's sunglasses I'm wearing. Mine disappeared. I didn't really look closely after I put them on. Now that I see myself, I think I look like Willy Wonka's sister.)







After our looong day of walking all over downtown, touring the capital building, and walking around the greenbelt, we came back to Helen's to eat dinner on her lawn. (I get silly when I'm tired, ok?)


Akira gets silly too.



And this is Helen. Akira boarded with her when she was paging. Helen was so amazing and kindly opened her home to us.


Did I mention we were tired? We didn't get a lot of sleep....


These feet were made for walkin'.....
Holy wonderful weekend. We were too busy doing stuff to take pictures, so this is a pretty incomplete account of the trip. It was so much fun. Wow.

1 comment:

Lindy-Lou said...

What fun it is to be young, healthy, to have a good friend, and to live in the land of the free. And to have a car. ;-)