Tuesday, December 1, 2009
If only....
If only I had more money and time. Those words crossed my mind last night. If only. And I thought, "Well, I can't create more time, so I'll have to make better use of what I have. I can't give myself a raise, so I'll have to make better use of what I have." So I took a long, hard look at my life last night at 9:30. Actually, it was more of a short glimpse because I was tired and wanted to sleep. Facebook steals my time, so I decided to "almost-quit". I had my mom change my password, so I can't sign myself in. This way, I'll have to prove I've fulfilled all responsibilities and don't have anything better to do. Also, I'll be starting college soon and I heard that kids who don't have a Facebook do better. Texting is pretty much my only luxury (I'm frugal, and I have to live through a year of college on what I save) so I'm cancelling my texting today. This will be sad. I like texting, but I don't need it. And I can't stay under my limit to save my life, so I always end up with extra charges. I have more important things to do with my money. Also, I usually text because I hate talking on the phone. I am seventeen years old, and it's about time I got used to talking on the stupid thing. Not being able to text will force me to get over my issue with the phone. Or I'll just stop talking to people. Anyway, I'm only telling you this because it's a public commitment. So there you go.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Sam gets me all set up so I can be on facebook and now you are not going to be there and no texting?
Grandfather
Kate, you are so wise! Do you think your mom could be in charge of my facebook password too? ;)
I get tired of the incessant texting teens do... I'm glad you're joining the world of people who actually talk. :)
I miss you! I just know you're going to have a wonderful life, from start to finish, because you're the kind of girl who knows how to MAKE it wonderful!
me = proud of you. It takes a level head to stick to changes that will make life better in the long run. You are fabulous, lady.
The phone aversion is in your DNA. I'm sorry that you have to grow up and worry about money. It stinks. But I still like you without Facebook and texting. If you give up blogging, though, I might have to bop you over the head.
Post a Comment