Dear friends and family
Again, I have taken on the responsibility of writing a Christmas letter. We hope it finds you happy and warm.
Dad- He changed positions in his company this year. He is now the Projects By Design coordinator. (If you don't know what that is, it's ok- neither do I.) He's had a busy year, flying to exotic places like North Dakota and Kansas. He loved taking kids to Utah games again this season. If we ever get some snow, he'll be patrolling at the local ski hill. In August, he took Morgan and me on a backpacking trip through the Tetons.
Mom- She's had a full year too. When our ward was split, she was called as Relief Society president. It kept her busy until just recently when she was called to teach my Sunday School class. (They were hoping that she'd keep me in line. ;)) This summer, she started running every morning. Her goal was a 5k, but our busy schedule conflicted, and she wasn't able to run it. She continues to run on the treadmill, so maybe next summer.... In what spare time she does have, she enjoys reading.
Me- (17- and a half!) I've loved this year. I've made many new friends and kept old ones. I began working as a DPP (developmental paraprofessional) in early September. Working with mentally handicapped children has been very fun and rewarding. However, the monetary rewards have been slim, so I filled in with teaching and tutoring various skills. After dreaming of something-besides-a-minivan for years, I bought a car in October. I start college full time in January. I'm majoring in English-perhaps I'll write a famous novel someday. I enjoy reading, football, writing, friends, dating, and playing concertos at full speed.
Morgan- (14-almost-15) To say that he's grown would be an understatement. He's had a perpetual growth spurt this year. My nose is level with his shoulder now. He loved playing outdoor and indoor soccer over the summer and fall. To say he's excited for ski season would be an understatement. He checks the forecast for snow and reads Skiing magazine everyday. He also watches several Warren Miller films a week. To say he's bright would be an understatement. He's doing the math I did last year and reading college biology books. His writing has improved hugely this year as well. He enjoys playing the Wii, air-soft wars, flexing his muscles, and girls.
Seth- (10) He could power the world with all his extra energy. He loves gymnastics. He also enjoyed playing soccer this summer. His drawings fill many notebooks. A day without friends is not complete in Seth's opinion. He is doing very well in his schoolwork, and loves to read. He loves Cub Scouts and our homeschool group. His hugs and imagination make us smile everyday.
Hannah- (8-almost-9) Hannah is sweet and tough at the same time. She loves all things cute and pink, but she's one tough cookie. She loves all animals. She is doing very well in gymnastics. Hannah loves to create things and draw. She shares a room with Christopher and is very patient with him. She's a good big sister. Hannah's favorite parts of school are reading and science. We love Hannah's enthusiasm and energy.
Christopher- (3) Oh, how we love this little guy! He brings us joy every single day. His sense of humor is very well developed. He loves, loves, loves to make us laugh! He decided that "Nursery is not good for me," so he's been coming to my Sunday School class with Mom. He is very creative, and he's found multiple ways to distract everyone without opening his mouth. (If he talks, he has to go to nursery.) His new favorite thing is the Wii, and he's figured out how to do it all by himself- much to our dismay. We've tried many ways to keep him out of it, but he manages to get around them. He loves to sing, say poems, and tell people all about his favorite story.
Merry, merry Christmas to you!! May your days be merry and bright!! God bless us every one.
With lots and lots of love,
Our Family
6 comments:
I love your Christmas letter, Kate! You are off to be a great editor someday...right? I miss you.
What a great letter, Kate! Thanks so much! This has indeed been a full year for the Seeley's.
Thanks for the catch-up. Your parents are very lucky to have a daughter like you!
I know you're busy, but could you write mine next year?
I love you and your family! What a great letter. I'm with Tiff, could you write mine next year, too?
Great letter Kate, thanks for sharing.
That was fun to read!
Post a Comment