I'm in a funk.
A metaphorical rut, you might say.
My job is not nearly as satisfying. Being alone in the office everyday with only the phone for company, for three weeks, is tough. I'm having a hard time summoning the enthusiasm and smiles that my job needs.
I'm so ready to move out, and my patience with my family is getting thin.
The guy I was un-officially dating, un-officially broke up with me.
Christmas isn't holding the excitement it usually does for me.
I'm a little stressed about having enough money to live on my own. The scholarship I got was $200 less than I expected. Not a big difference, but that's a lot for a college kid.
In a word: blah.
In another word: wah.
I don't like it. I'm typically the most optimistic person you could meet, but I seem to have lost my mojo.
Help me find my mojo.
What do you do to pull yourself out of a rut, metaphorical or otherwise?
What are your favorite Christmas memories?
How can I turn my attitude around?
Any advice?
7 comments:
A good cry never hurt anyone.
Chocolate helps.
A pretzel from the mall with lots of melty cheese is good for the soul.
Hmm...that's about all I have to offer in suggestions.
Oh, wait, one more. Wait a week. Things always change in a week. :)
Music. Music that lifts you. Jesse's CD is a good one. It helped me avoid the downer that accompanies the day after everyone leaves. I listened to it all the way home from the airport after dropping off T&R,C&M,and it perked me right up.
Create something.Clean something. Run. Take a nap. Think about how many people love you and think about that wonderful guy you have yet to meet that you've been preparing to meet all your life.
I'm done. Except to say I'm on that list of people who love you.
Think of all the good things that you have and that you have experienced. Look forward to what is up ahead. Know that you are loved by all who know you.
I don't know. I find myself in slumps every once in awhile, and then it's better. Chin up... you'll be okay. ;) Oh, and the un-official dumper? He's an idiot to let you un-officially go.
Here's one of my favorite quotes. I don't apply it often enough to myself, but I should.
“To lose yourself in righteous service to others can lift your sights and get your mind off personal problems, or at least put them in proper focus. When you find yourselves a little gloomy, look around you and find somebody that is in a worse plight than yourself; go to him and find out what the trouble is, then try to remove it with the wisdom which the Lord bestows upon you; and the first thing you know, your gloom is gone, you feel light, the Spirit of the Lord is upon you, and everything seems illuminated.”
--Ezra Taft Benson
First, know that slumps come and go. Second, here's the thought I'm trying to embrace these days: I'm going to think more of myself and less about myself.
Crying is a big deal for me, too. I rarely cry anymore. But it does have a really good cleansing effect. I once heard that tears can be the veil that you need to pass through in order to see things from a new and better perspective.
Glad you're feeling better.
Post a Comment