Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Dang it.

I haf a head cowd.

I mean: I have a head cold.

This is no bueno.

I am a receptionist. My job is to talk to people.

I lost my voice.

How am I supposed to sound happy when I can barely sound alive?

Oh dear. What if they think I'm a weird old lady who's been smoking for the past 10 years?

Or what if they think I'm a creepy dude with a girl name?

They won't want to come in and meet me.

Shoot. Head colds bring up all kinds of uncomfortable questions.

And I have a date tomorrow.

With a dude I met at the UPS Store.

He helped me stamp 75 Christmas cards.

(For my boss. No, we're not backsliding and sending cards after all.)

And then asked for my number.

He's very cute.

Sneezing isn't very attractive.

Neither is coughing.

Not to mention watery smiles.

And stuffed sinuses negatively affect my brain capacity.

(I plan on scientifically proving this someday.)

Dang it.

I'm screwed.





3 comments:

Mindy said...

Oooh, so romantic! Stamping letters at the UPS store together... I love it! I hope you get all better soon. :)

Kate said...

Haha. It reminded me of a song by Cake. "At City Bank we will meet accidentally. We'll start to talk when she borrows my pen."

Lacey said...

Kate - I have a cold and I know stuffed sinuses negatively affect brain capacity. So I've proved it for you... Scientifically!
It's a good thing my TV people didn't fade to black any time in the 15 minutes of news I didn't realize I wasn't paying attention... Negatively affected brain capacity.