2. I should probably be practicing instead of blogging.
3. But who ever said that I was a reasonable person?
4. Best voicemail ever left on the office phone: "Hello! This is [Bob]. I heard you guys were hiring, so I was just calling to find out more. You can call me back at (661) 219....um......(long silence)....oh crap."
5. Best end-of-conversation ever at work: (This girl had just told me she was getting married this week.) Me: "Thanks for calling! Have a wonderful wedding!" Her: "Thanks! You too!"
6. The best part of #4 and #5: [Bob] called back, and I found out that he was You Too's fiancée. I can just see them at the alter. Do you take her to be your lawfully wedded wife? ........Oh, crap. What do I say again?
7. Have I mentioned lately that I'm excited to move out? Because I am.
8. I taught myself to play Neil Young's Heart of Gold yesterday. I was listening to it in the car and decided that I wanted to learn it. So I did what any normal person does when she wants to learn something: I Googled it. I found the chords and lyrics and listened to it, and then sort of faked it.
9. My motto in life seems to be "Fake it 'til you make it."
10. I considered giving everyone hugs for Christmas, but I thought that might come off as selfish. So I decided to give everyone a real air guitar to go with them. Generous, huh?
5 comments:
Giggle, giggle, snort.
I love your christmas gift idea. I also loved your message and your conversation. They make me giggle. Especially because I did that once. I called someone, left a message, and couldn't remember my own phone number. So, I'm sitting there, uhhh, ummm, and finally left the WRONG number. I got teased about that for awhile.
We humans are very funny, especially when we're not trying to be. You, though, you're funny in both instances. Great post.
#8 YES!
I love the Christmas gift idea! When will I get my hug and air guitar??
Post a Comment