Thursday, June 11, 2009

Superwoman

My mom is an amazing Relief Society President. She is such a great example of Christ-like service and love. In the past year, I've watched her comfort people whose loved ones died. I watched her sacrifice hours and hours to give people moral support while they filled out food orders. I've seen her wake up early every Sunday to go to meetings. I've seen her stay after church to talk to the Bishop about struggling members. I've seen her be a shoulder to cry on. I've seen her care about every sister. I've seen her act on promptings, often leaving in the middle of something to go help someone. I've seen her take countless phone calls at inconvenient times. I watched her walk to someone's house because they needed her and I had the car. I've seen her cry for someone. I've heard her pray for families in need. I watched her visit hospitals. Mostly I've seen her be an instrument in the hands of the Lord. She is doing what He would do. Love you Mom.


(Well this is a first. Blogging never made me cry before. :))

6 comments:

Mindy said...

Kate, your mom is an amazing woman, and she's raising a daughter to follow in her footsteps! I love you both. :)

carol said...

What an awesome tribute to an awesome lady. I love your mom and I second what Mindy said, you are following right along after her. You guys are a power family!
P.S. I love your hair!

tracy said...

Aaaahhh, what an amazing daughter! Thank you for sharing your thoughts with all of us and letting us see the greatness of both of you.

As the blessed recipient of your mom's generosity I can say she is everything you said and more. She gave me hope on a dark, dark night and I will remember her sisterly kindness my entire life.

Thank you, April, for being an example of a disciple of Christ.

Leslie said...

I love you, Kate. And I love your mom! You both inspire me to be a better person.

Love the new picture!

Tiffany said...

I love my sister. :)

Lindy-Lou said...

You are blessed to have such a Christ-like example to follow. Your mother is all of those things and more. And you, Kate, are often the one who makes it possible for her to give the service she is prompted to give.