Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Grass? Ha.

Who decided that grass was the only socially acceptable lawn material?Why couldn't they have chosen something easier? Like clover. I mean, what's wrong with clover? It's green and soft. It has pretty little flowers and honeybees love it. It doesn't need to be fertilized or re-seeded. It's tough enough to withstand anything. It grows without any motivation. It rarely needs to be mowed or watered. Not to mention its lucky charm potential. Since when is grass so awesome? Personally, I think grass is overrated. Clover wins, hands down.

5 comments:

Jesse C said...

Interesting argument, but I do love me some plush, green grass.

p.s. my word verification is "retaters" which would make a fantastic balderdash word.

Leslie said...

I agree with Jesse, although, it certainly would be easier to maintain! It is interesting the unwritten laws of what is socially acceptable, and of what is expected.

carol said...

What about dirt? I have me some mighty fine dirt. I even have some rocks...okay, lots of rocks. I think you and I should redefine the norm, lady. Redefine. The. Norm. Dirt and Clover; the new yards of choice.

tracy said...

And then there is my yard, dandelions, assorted weeds, and some dying grass...simply horrid! Anyone know some cheapo save your lawn miracle stuff? Then my property is cactus, sagebrush, and more weeds. Lovely.

I would go for clover anyday!

Lindy-Lou said...

Somewhere in the recesses of my memory I remember learning that dandelions were brought over from England ON PURPOSE. But they are nothing compared to morning glory. Weeds are defined as any plant life you do not want in your yard. So, go for clover if you want clover - when you get your own home. :-)