Surround sound, Christopher style. He's such a cutie. He's growing up fast; he turns three on the 27th.
Our clover crop is coming along nicely.
The grass........well, it's alive. Sort of.
Fertilizer. We just can't win for losin'. It happened last year too. Notice the nice patch of clover in the bottom right corner. On the bright side, we know the fertilizer works. If only we could figure out how to avoid the stripes......
I love this crabapple tree. It is so gorgeous. It's amazing in the fall too; the leaves turn brilliant orange and red.

See? Gorgeous.


Obviously I got a haircut. I briefly flirted with the idea of growing my hair out over the summer. That idea went down the drain after two weeks of perpetual bad hair days. I was wearing pigtails like four days a week! As if I needed to look younger. So I cut it all off, and I feel at peace with the world again.
- Excerpts of my paper will be printed in a local newspaper, and they (the Celebration of Liberty committee who judged the essays) want to use my first paragraph as part of a Tribute to the Constitution evening-fireside-sort-of thing. Just the thought of my words being in print absolutely-no-kidding-honest-to-goodness thrills me to my toes.
- I have a lot of books I want to read this summer. The Book of Mormon, The Five Thousand Year Leap, Three Cups of Tea, Free $ For College For Dummies, and Preach My Gospel.
- My favorite composers in order are Vivaldi, Mozart, Bach, and Haydn.
- It's been raining like crazy the past few weeks. I'm so sick of bad hair days. I'm supposed to be getting a tan that won't turn orange, not sitting inside all day. Oh well, the sun will come out tomorrow. Or next month.
- The ACT went well. I'm hoping for a 29 or 30, but we'll see. I may end up with the same score I got last time.
- I must go make a treat for family night.
4 comments:
I got a 29 on the ACT... wouldn't that be great if you got that too? We share a musical brain, we might as well share an academic brain too. ;)
Stink, you guys! I only got a 19 on my ACT! (unfortunately i stayed out all night with friends the night before and never took it a second time. NOt that I would have done better if I had studied or slept 8 hours...) "Three Cups of Tea" was an excellent book and we just ordered The 5000 Year Leap off of Amazon. I love your haircut!
I love your haircut, too. Good luck on the ACT! It's so awesome about your essay!
By the way, many professionally landscaped lawns are striped, and I'm pretty sure the owners of those lawns pay a good deal of money for said stripes!
I've waited long enough to comment that I can say CONGRATULATIONS ON MEETING YOUR HIGHEST EXPECTATIONS ON THE ACT!!!
You inspire me.
Post a Comment