Wednesday, March 25, 2009

March Madness or A Month In Review

*Sickness*
We always get sick in February. Always. We have come to accept it as a tradition. So when February came and went and nobody got sick, there was much rejoicing. But guess what. We got sick in March. Yuck. Cough.

*Cabin Fever*
Somehow, just knowing that school is drawing to a distant close is enough to make everyone completely obsessed with getting out of schoolwork. We are having one heck of a time trying to stay focused and push on for a few more months.

*Hangover*
"God created March so that people who don't drink would know what hangovers are like." - Garrison Keillor
March is my least favorite month. It's too cold to wear shorts and flip-flops, but it's too warm to go skiing. It always throws in a nice 60 degree day or two, just to lure you into a false security before it snows.


*Birthday*
Seth turned ten. I made a killer chocolate cake. It was fantastic.

*Festival*
Seth and I played in Piano Festival, and I played in Violin Festival. (Festival is just where you perform two pieces for a judge and they give you a score and comment on your playing.) I scored a 100/100 in piano and a 99/100 in violin. (Yes, I'm kind of bragging, but it's my blog so it's all about ME. :) ) I'm a little confused because I felt my violin performance was better than my piano performance. I think the piano judge was too nice. I think Seth scored pretty high too.

*NCAA Tournament*
I am so sad and disappointed that my beloved Utes didn't make it past the first round. And the Cougars, the only other MWC team, lost too. How can we expect to be respected as a legitimate conference if we always put in such a pathetic showing?

*Seminary*
I started seminary again. I don't take it second tri because Rigby has a weird and messed up system. Or something. But I started again and I have a good class. This week we have a student teacher. He has a voice like Kermit the Frog, except deeper. No kidding.

*Death*
Our toaster has passed on. It lived a long life of 18 years. It was a token of love, given to my parents on their wedding day. Following a bout of weakness (causing bread to need to be double toasted) it died of natural causes on the twenty-third of March. The family mourned for a day before buying a new four-slicer with chrome finish.

*Chickens*

A dozen tiny chicks came to live with us. They're cute but they stink. I'm glad they have graduated to the chicken coop.




Well, that about sums it up. I'm cold and I have a cough. And its starting to snow. If you are enjoying sunshine right now, please don't mention it. Sometimes March is just. too. much.

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

I love you, Kate. You are amazing.

Leslie said...

Loved this post!

So sorry about the toaster. I hope you gave it a proper memorial.

Lindy-Lou said...

Kate, you are such a fun-t0-read writer. I loved this post.

tracy said...

We surely missed you at gym today! I hope you are better soon...and not just so I can have you back!

If it makes you feel any better, it is 11:32 at night and I can't sleep because I have a horrible, horrible tooth ache and am up with the pain. I decided to work some more on creating a new home management planning system that I am currently obsessed with creating.

Have you called Sister Kendell about colloquia? You should so she will change it!

Jesse C said...

RIP toaster.