Thursday, January 1, 2009

Christmas 2008/09

I am sitting in a cheap hotel room right now, watching Napoleon Dynamite. Mom is putting Christopher in his pajamas, and Dad and Morgan are watching the Orange Bowl. Why am I in a hotel right now, you may ask. Well, you see Mom and Dad had a little surprize up their sleeves this year. Ok, picture this. We're sitting around the breakfast table, all the gifts are unwrapped, we're eating breakfast burritos. Mom says, "Well there's one more gift we didn't open, but we kind of can't. We're going on a service trip. We leave today, and we come back the Saturday before school starts. Start packing, your new luggage is in Dad's office." Blink blink, wha......? So here we are. In a hotel. We have been to SLC, Grand Junction, Kayenta, Phoenix, and Hurricane. We are on the return trip, the home stretch. It's been a fabulous trip; we have all loved it. We did rememeber the camera, but we forgot the USB cord, so you'll have to wait for that. You will also have to wait for a detailed discription of the places we've seen and the things we've done. For now I'll just tell you what I've learned.

1. "Pack light" is relative.
2. We need a bigger vehicle.
3. I am a positive, optimistic person all the time, unless I get less than eight hours of sleep several nights in a row. Then I will be cranky, no matter how hard I try not to be.
4. Even if the sheets are scratchy, the towels are dingy, and the room smells like stale people, a cheap hotel room is beautiful after a 10 hour drive.
5. Plan for an hour of unplanned delays. Always.
6.Traveling makes my acne think it has the right to populate my face.
7. I don't like church dances.
8. Phoenix in December is fabulous, wonderful, beautiful, amazing, perfect......if I could write poetry, I would write a poem in honor of Arizona winters.
9. I love visiting family.
10. All Taco Bells are not created equal.

See you in a few days!

3 comments:

Lucy said...

Ya the valley of the sun is pretty awsome. Sorry i ruined stake dances for you. If it helps that was the worst one i've ever been to. Sunny pictures will be on their way soon :)
Luv ya, Lucy

Lindy-Lou said...

Loved hearing about your trip - and my preview of the pics. Love anything you write.

Tiffany said...

Can't wait to see the pictures now!