Friday, January 9, 2009

Some random thoughts

~Look at this little squiggly thingy. I just discovered it. I think I'll use it a lot in this post.
~Today is Morgan's birthday. The Wii Fit reminded me this morning.
~I heart the Wii Fit. Heart heart heart it.
~We got a Wii for Christmas. Morgan almost started hyperventilating. No kidding, I had to smack him a few times to make him snap out of it.
~When I said I would post about our vacation in a few days, I meant in few days....plus a few more......plus some more. I'll do it as soon as Morgan gets around to uploading pictures.
~I have no clue how to upload pictures onto the computer. My techno skills are confined to typing about myself.
~I just ate a ridiculous amount of chicken tacos and birthday cake and ice cream. Mmm.
~ My Wii Fit age is 29. It was 16 yesterday. Darn.
~My balance skills are terrible. I frequently find myself tripping when I walk.
~Do you think I'm funny?
~I think I'm funny, but if you don't think so I won't be offended.
~Please comment. It makes me feel unloved when I don't get comments on my post. Just kidding.....sort of.
~I am so crazy ridiculous happy about the Utes' football season. Crazy ridiculous.
~Take that Mr. BCS!
~I use "crazy ridiculous" as one adjective/word quite frequently. Usually incorrectly.
~I have to wait a crazy ridiculous time for football to start again. Dang it.
~I have super tough biceps. Relatively speaking, of course.
~As far as I know, there are only two other Ute fans in the area.(Outside my own family.) And one doesn't really count because she cheers for B** unless they are playing Utah. Sheesh.
~To clarify. I have a lot of respect for Brigham Young University. They are an excellent college. I just don't like the football team.
~In my humble opinion, the big differences between Utah and B** this season were defense, game planning, and preparation. Utah had a phenomenal defense; they were small but very effective and fast. B**'s defense is, to be frank, large but very slow and untalented. As far as game plan goes, B** ran the same plays over and over and over and over. No wonder they were struggling by the end; all the opponent had to do was watch some tape. Utah, on the other hand, mixed it up well. They watched tape and found the other team's weak spots, then made plays accordingly. Obviously the game plan and preparation go together. Before they played anyone, the Utes would watch hours and hours of tape. When Utah played B**, Brian Johnson said he knew what the defence was going to do before they did it. The Utes just took it one game at a time. B** was looking way too far ahead; they didn't focus hard enough on the game at hand.
~I love semicolons; they're a nice, strong way to punctuate.
~ One last football thought for the season. Ok, a few more.
Utah 13-0
BYU 10-3
Utah's bowl game- Sugar Bowl
BYU's bowl game- Vegas Bowl
Alabama- Ranked #1 for five weeks running; the longest of any team this season.
Arizona- Unranked. Mediocre Pac-10 team.
48-24
Utah is the only team to go undefeated twice in the history of the BCS.
It takes a lot more to go to BSC games twice than get voted a Natl. Champ. in 1984.
Ok, I'm done. Go Utes!
~I feel like watching a funny movie right now.
~Morgan is very loud when he plays video games or watches an intense movie.
~Very, very loud.
~We could not find John Denver and the Muppets at all this Christmas season. We looked and looked-no Muppets. After a somewhat incomplete season, we packed up all the decorations, threw away the tree, and found the Muppets. Of course.
~To clarify something else, I honestly don't mind not having been on dates. I don't. I have many interests; boys are not a priority in my life at this time. And hey, if the guys won't ask me it's their loss. :) What I don't like is when people ask me how many dates I've been on. I say none and then I get this huge thing about how that's so great because boys are worthless and I'm so smart to wait for them to grow up and dates usually aren't that fun anyway blah blah blah etc etc etc. Barf. That's a little hard on the boys, I mean come on, give them a break. They don't try to be "worthless", in fact most of them are far from it. And I don't avoid dates, I just don't care one way or the other. Sure, I'd love to date, but I'm not going to throw a pity party every time I'm home on Saturday night. Sheesh.
~My New Year's Resolution is to be more organized and avoid procrastinating. Last year's was to be more outgoing. I think I succeeded.

9 comments:

morganne said...

Dang, I love you! I've never even met you, but I like you a lot! Everything you say about football is EXACTLY what I'm thinking!

What do you think about the BCS rankings (Utah at #2, Whittingham voting for his team and being the only one, etc.) that came out yesterday?

I'm thinking YOU should move down HERE. It's a nice state; you'd like it. Plus, the University of UTAH is in... UTAH. Go figure.

Lindy-Lou said...

I don't know if it's allowable for a grandma to use this term, but anyway, Kate, you rock!

Tiffany said...

I love you. You are stinking funny, and you obviously have a lot to teach me about football and semicolons!

Kate said...

Morganne-
No, I am a True Idahoan; I could never leave. The BCS rankings....well, Florida is pretty good, so they would have to play each other to really find out. Things the they way they are, I'm pretty happy.

Shua said...

Ok, I'm really only commenting because you asked. The truth is, I'm not a really "good" fan, I just try to keep my mouth shut. But you pushed a couple buttons and I'm letting my little cannon loose.

As far as the Utah-Alabama game goes: More power to you Utah. You caught Alabama on their heels in the first 10 minutes and that's why you won the game--way to represent the conference.

As far as why Utah beat BYU: I honestly (probably because I'm a snobby, proud fan) don't think Utah was that much better, and I definitely don't think that their gameplan was better. I thought that BYU lost the game because of poor execution on their own part, not getting outplayed. Take away two max hall mistakes and that game could go either way in my opinion. Better than BYU? Yes. Supremely, unbelievably, blow-my-mind-with-their-incredible-skill-like-some-utah-fans-act better? Not in my opinion.

1984 comment: Completely a matter of opinion if you ask me. Fact remains, the voters in 1984 thought BYU was the best in the land and in 2008 they didn't think Utah was. Get over the fact that the only sports that Utah has dominated at any point in the last hundred years is dancing and gymnastics.

Smack talk about Arizona: Wow, be happy for your team would you? I'm happy for Utah. Believe it or not, there are 117 other teams besides Utah and BYU, why should all your success be measured by how BYU does?

Last thing: I really do love you, I also really like BYU which is why I haven't been commenting during football season, no hard feelings, we just disagree.

carol said...

Kate, You have no idea how jealous I am that you got a Wii. NO. IDEA.
I don't know much about football other than I like to eat guacamole while my husband watches it. So I am addressing the question you asked about if I think you are funny.
Yes. I do.

Kate said...

Thanks Josh! I been waiting all season for that comment. I do relish an intense BYU fan who knows their team. I'm surrounded by obsessed, sometimes hostile, BYU fans that tell me all kinds of crazy stuff but can't back it up with any kind of logic or numbers. Your comment was so refreshing. It made my day. It really did. In fact, I'm so pleased I'm not going to correct you. :)

Lindy-Lou said...

i've got Abby on my lap, so this 1 handed typing & will be brief. kudos to you and josh for agreeing 2 disagree and being entertaining at the same time. and i like the new look of your blog page. abby is done.

Mindy said...

Kate! I've missed you, and yes, you're funny. :) I love your dating attitude!