Dear friends and family,
I'm sure you are shocked at not receiving this letter, as this is the first time you have seen any kind of Christmas letter from the Seeleys. This is because we are so full of Christmas spirit that we never take time to have our picture taken and summarize our life on sheets of holiday stationary. In fact, consider yourself extremely lucky if you get a simple Christmas card. You are extra lucky if it's even signed. As this year has been no different (both my parents frantically consumed with yuletide preparations), I, Kate Alexis, as the oldest child have taken on this responsibility. Therefore, this will probably be one of the strangest Christmas letters you will ever not receive.
Dad- He loved having season tickets to the U of U this year. The kids took turns going to the games with him, so all had a chance to learn True Fanhood. It was a great experience for the whole family, and this was definitely the year for season tickets. He enjoyed going on a backpacking trip with Morgan this summer; they caught some fish, enjoyed the view, got dirty, you know, guy stuff. He's looking forward to ski season and patrolling up at the local ski hill. He was released from the Young Mens, after spending most of his life doing one thing or another with it, and currently is the Gospel Doctrine teacher.
Mom- She is amazing at keeping us all on track and fed. I am always in awe at how she manages to homeschool us five kids, take us where we need to go, feed us, make us behave, and take care of everything else besides. But she does it, and manages to be Relief Society president at the same time. Wow. She is a fabulous cook, making six loaves of bread every five days. (And let me tell you, it's darn good bread.) She enjoys her Charlotte Mason discussion group and making wonderful soap to keep, give and sell.
Morgan- He is loving his new height and strength, currently half an inch taller than Mom and I. By the time I am done typing this, he will probably have shot up another inch or two. He also beat me arm wrestling (for the first time ever) a few days ago. Flexing his biceps in front of the bathroom mirror is one of his favorite hobbies. He is one smart, good looking kid (no wonder all the Beehives have crushes on him). He is Deacons Quorum president and is good friends with all the boys, but is looking forward to turning 14 in a few weeks. Never play tic-tac-toe with him; he spent hours planning moves and finding patterns, now no can beat him. Don't even try.
Seth- Our little man is growing up. He turns 10 in March. Seth is full of energy and life, always keeping us on the move. He enjoys being with friends and talking football with anyone who will listen. He loved going to games with Dad, and is quite the little Utes fan. He is doing great in gymnastics; he is working on his front and back handsprings.
Hannah-She is seven, but thinks she is seventeen. She loves to play with friends and make projects. She is a great artist and will draw for hours. The Cat loves her and she is his best friend, taking pity on him when the rest of us want to give him a good kick. Hannah loves all animals and wants a dog sooo bad.
Christopher- He is everything a two year old should be. Funny, cute, lovable, he keeps us happy all the time. He also keeps us on our toes, earning himself the nickname Master of Disaster. Mom bought him a tiny potty in hopes he would want to use it, but it was no use. We'll still be supporting the diaper industry. Mom says that if he isn't potty trained by the time he's ten then we'll start to worry. He has the makings of a Ute fan; he already knows the fight song by heart and likes to sing it.
Me- Feel free to think that I put myself at the end out of modesty, but really I was just saving the best for last. I turned sixteen in July and still have a sparkling clean dating record. Not one date to mar it, none, zip, nadda. Don't feel bad, I'm not bitter. I keep busy with Youth Symphony, reading, writing, school, music, climbing trees, looking good, having practical conversations with boys, making friends, teaching violin lessons, and trying to be funny.
Merry Christmas to all of you! As Tiny Tim would say, "God bless us, every one."
With lots of love, The Seeleys
7 comments:
I loved your family's summary, Kate! Way to go, editor-in-chief. Merry Christmas!
I know someone who would LOVE to go on a date with you! He just turned 16 a few weeks ago and thinks a date with you is a great idea!
Shall I tell him to call you????????
Oh Kate! I hope you'll send out a letter for your family next year--it's priceless!
Tracy-
Sure, heck why not? I don't particularly value my clean record and would be willing to break it. :)
Tracy-
p.s. Is it someone I know?
Eh, dating isn't all it's cracked up to be. I'm seventeen in two months and have gone on about 6 dates. That's 5 too many, in my opinion. :) Maybe I just hate "high school dating"... IDK.
Oh, I'm so sad that I've been out of the loop with your blog. It's good to be here again. I love you! I love your writings! I loved this letter!
Post a Comment