It's inevitable. Every year, about this time, meal time becomes a game of Clue. I don't know about you, but we always end up with more zucchini than we can handle. Eventually, we can't take anymore. By "we" I mean everyone except Mom, Dad, and the chickens. But since my mother hates seeing anything go to waste, she starts thinking of creative ways to feed us zucchini. Thus meal time becomes a big game of Clue. I think it's in the muffins with the grater. Or is it the pasta with the knife? Perhaps it's in the brownies with the food processor. Did it taint the oatmeal with the blender? Maybe it snuck into the spaghetti sauce with the grater. I'm guessing that it's in the pancakes with the blender. But it could be in the soup with the food processor. Or is it in the quesadilla with the knife? You just never can tell. We joke that this is the only time of year that we have to lock the car. (To keep people from leaving us their excess zucchini.) Are we the only ones being bombarded with squash on every side? Or do your parents do it too? Or are you on the other end of it? Are you feeding your kids large quantities of green squash?
4 comments:
Too funny, Kate!!! I'm like your mom, I can't let it go to waste. I end up grating and freezing tons of it and force-feeding my family through the winter as well. :)
That was delightful. I'm smiling so long and big that my cheeks hurt. Mostly because I relate. But feel free to bring one with you on Thursday because we didn't plant zucchini. And you've given me sooo many good ideas of how to use it!!!
Can I come live at your house? Because squash is my favorite food!
Good to be back in your bloggerhood. That is really funny, and that is a huge vegetable. Be grateful for your veggies, I'm generally deprived because Natalie doesn't like them and she does most of the cooking.
Post a Comment