Wednesday, October 1, 2008
Wouldn't it be great?
The FDSEWMS has begun to wear off. What? You haven't heard of FDSEWMS? It stands for First Day of School Excitement and Well Meaning Syndrome. Sadly, it's only a mild and short lasting affliction that is present around the end of August through the middle of September. This disease has not been studied extensively, but it is known to cause homework to be finished on time, smiles in the morning, lack of wining, and a general get-up-and-go feeling. I had a rather severe case this fall, but I've noticed that the symptoms are starting to leave now. Feeling the lack of motivation in myself, I have begun to imagine ways that the symptoms of FDSEWMS could be duplicated safely. Wouldn't it be awesome if someone invented a Motivation Patch? Just peel, stick, and feel the power of self motivation. Or what about a Duty&Responsibility Pill? One a day keeps the nagging away. Of course, it would take massive amounts of testing and research, because think of what could happen if it went wrong. What if the Motivation Patch caused you to feel extremely motivated to eat huge amounts of chocolate ice cream? Or run around in circles perpetually? Or hide under the bed? And what if the Duty&Responsibility Pill made you feel it was your greatest duty to kick your mother in the shins every morning? Or it made you feel an inborn responsibility to scrape every piece of gum off the sidewalk? Or it made you feel that your duty is to tell every small child that Santa Clause and the Tooth Fairy are really just lies their parents made up. My goodness, what a disaster. I guess we'll just have to pretend that we have massive amounts of motivation for unpleasant but necessary tasks in this life. We just can't take the risk of people not believing in Santa Clause.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
wow, this post was awesome!
Ooh, yes, I agree. We just can't risk it. And I had the sickness... but I became cured about two weeks into school, and now I'm in the infamous, endless rut.
I had that disease but my symptoms only last for maybe a week or so:( Well I hope you can figure out a cure :)
Post a Comment