You know, school and football. Haha, gotcha didn't I? I'm sorry if that title offends you, but I couldn't resist. Maybe I just have a really lame sense of humor. To reassure you that I'm really not as corrupt as I may seem, I can honestly say that I have never spoken a swear word in my life. I will admit to thinking an unprintable word when I woke up to six inches of snow in the middle of May. It also happened to be the only day of the year that I didn't park in the garage. But I didn't swear, and I felt bad about thinking it all day. Okay, so now that we all learned something scandalous about Kate, let's get on to the real post. :)
I'm back in the saddle again. School started on Monday. Hi ho and away we go! Yippee! Not really. I'm sad that summer's over. I'm also having a really hard time adjusting to my new schedule. I went from going to bed at ten thirty and sleeping until nine, to going to bed at nine and waking up at five. Ugh. I love getting up early once I'm used to it, it's just the first two weeks that are rough. I've taken to having a nap around ten thirty in the morning for the past few days to catch up on some sleep. It's kind of weird. I haven't taken naps since I was four. Usually I can't even go to sleep during the day. But now suddenly I'm sleeping in the middle of the day. Weird, but it feels good.
My schoolwork for this year is generally this:
Saxon Algebra (*sigh* I can't wait until the day I never have to look at a math text book again.)
Early American history, centering around The Real George Washington, by Jay A. Parry and Andrew M. Allison. It's such an awesome book. I'll be reading a few other books to go with it, as well as taking notes and writing papers, drawing maps etc.
Anatomy and Physiology using the Apologia text book. I'm excited for this book, I really enjoyed the Biology one by the same company. I couldn't even begin to understand the Chemistry one though.
Latin (I am way excited to learn Latin! It sounds so.....scholarly.)
Spanish
A little bit of economics
For English I'll be writing a lot about my history and science, and reading some books like On Writing Well by William Zinnser, The Little Brown Handbook, and Speak Better Write Better English. I'm hoping to get into a college English 101 class at the highschool that's offered 2nd trimester, and college English 110 3rd trimester. I'm crossing my fingers.
For Literature I'm reading The Great Gastby, some Edgar Allan Poe, and some other stuff I can't remember. I'll write narrations of all these.
Piano
Violin
Youth Symphony
Early Morning Seminary
Preach My Gospel, The Book of Mormon, and The New Testament
Copywork. I copy one Scripture Mastery in cursive a day. Reasons for this being: When you copy something, it becomes "yours", you learn it better, you remember it better etc. Also, I have really crappy cursive because I don't write with it because it looks crappy because I don't write with it etc. So I'll be forcing myself to practice and improve my cursive writing.
I'm not taking art lessons this year for the simple reasons that I don't have time and I can't afford it. Sad. But I feel relatively proficient, and I'll keep practicing.
That pretty much sums it up for this year. I'm happy with it all.
******
FOOTBALL SEASON HAS BEGUN!! YES!! I am pretty dang excited for this year's season. The Utes have a dang good team, and my dad bought season tickets! My goal (no pun intended) is to learn more about the actual game. I am a Ute fan to the core, but as my passion is relatively recent, I seldom understand what's going on during a game. But I can yell really loud so it's ok. :)
5 comments:
So your going to drive to salt lake like every saturday??
Kate, I cannot BELIEVE that you THOUGHT a swear word ONCE! Frankly, I'm shocked. ;)
Your school schedule sounds great...especially the violin stuff.
My brother goes to the U... does that make me cool? ;)
I love your posts! Can't wait for our 'road trip'. Maybe we can fit in a twist cone!
Grandma C.
I'm with Mindy. You've completely destroyed my image of you!
Hmmm, this just goes to show, that things can improve generationally. Your kids may never even think a swear word!
I attended the University of Utah for a year. I have since repented. ;)
Kate, I love the title.
That is so admirable that you have never said a curse word. Keep up the good work.
This school year looks busy but it looks really interesting as well. Good luck with all of your classes and activities.
I am glad that you are getting into college football. I love college football. The Utes are looking good this year. That is awesome that they beat Michigan, and it is even more awesome that you have season tickets.
Post a Comment